Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are crack sites illegal?

Question Are crack sites illegal?

I'm talking about places like www.thecrack.net or www.cracks.am. I'm sure you guys know this already, but what they do is provide programs that break protection codes on software. So if they're not illegal, why not? Their role is not very different from that of Warez sites.

I've never heard about them
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

Offcourse they are illegal, they're just a bunch of warez pirates who overload their pages with banners and popups. And if you try to download anything they will load you with spyware, www.lop.com as your startpage and that stupid bonzi monkey.

I hate www.lop.com
    Got my entire box filled with it, my folk's wern't happy, I blamed it on a "TIme-Release-Virus" lol
    that's the last time I go ne were without my Proxomitron
    btw: did any one notice that the symbol for The Proxomitron is th same as the symbol for GOD described in the bible?
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Well i'm a victim of Lop.com how can i get rid of it .
    I remove it from the registry but it's still around.
    The Power Of Your Imagination:

sure man ... any site provides u with a cracking or hacking software is illegal.

unless it's an educational site with a legal notice in it

u'll find it in each document
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Banned
    Crack sites themselves arent illegal but the cracks on them are... So in other words you can visit and download crscks all you want as long as you dont use them

Originally posted here by cdre
    Well i'm a victim of Lop.com how can i get rid of it .
    I remove it from the registry but it's still around.
    Run ad aware, it will remove it.

Actually, it can't exactly be illegal to have a site that has cracks on it. It can only be illegal to host it there, or as I think Ac1d stated, to download the cracks on the page. Not all countries have the same laws, therefore you can't say if one thing is deemed "illegal" to be on the internet...that would be regulating the internet and you'd need an online "police force" and that is just not reasonable.

bah they suck. warez = gay

REAL crack sites rule. IE: cracking groups like http://www.the-eminence.com/
    Our site is down for a week but our BBS is still up so you can post a request if you like
    oh, incase you didnt guess. I am RaX