Dealing with AIM phishers

Thread: Dealing with AIM phishers

Dealing with AIM phishers

Now most of us probly see threw those AOL/AIM phishers in a heart beat, but some might not be as quick as others and fall for things such as :

Good Day, I am Bill Smith, a FAQ representative for AOL Instant Messenger. Due to some invalid information, we need you to verify your log-on password to avoid account cancellation. Thank you and have a nice day. :-)

or

Hi, I am with the America Online Hacker enforcement group, we have detected hackers using your account, we need to verify your identity, so we can catch the illicit users of your account, to prove your identity, please click 'respond' then state your Screen Name, Personal Password, Full Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Credit Card number, Bank Name and Expiration Date. Thank you and have a nice day!

bleh...

Anyways, I often get these kind of messages threw IM or E-Mail, and I like to mess with them by telling them stuff such as Iv recorded their IP and have contacted their ISP and AOL Time Warner.
    And I was wondering what kind of things you guys do to these people.

-Radiator52
    WWJD
    What Would Jesus Do (For a klondike Bar?)

i dont think many people that visit the antionline website and post on the forums use AOL.......

Well, the first thing I do is I ping them, Telnet to them, r00t them, and tell them you were hacked through your own attempt. LoL they usually get so ticked off they keep cursing me out until they get logged off! LoL!
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

Banned
    Hmmm, That is a good idea...
    /me goes off to steal some poor AOL'ers passwords

May not be a good idea to sewar at them and piss them off...never know what scripts they mgiht have that can take advantage of your security problems (If you're in windows)
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

dont think many people that visit the antionline website and post on the forums use AOL.......
    There is always a few, but this also applys to AIM users
    WWJD
    What Would Jesus Do (For a klondike Bar?)