Thread: VB Encryption help

VB Encryption help

Alright i tried to post this the other day but it so happened that my computer crashed so here goes again:

1. I have an encryption rogram going that uses it's own algorithm as well as a variable algorithm with 6 fields inputted by the user. What my question is is this:
    in my For...Next loop for decryption how can I check if a folder exists, if not create it as well as a .txt file inside to place my output? I already have the output in it's own textbox for easy cut and paste.

2. When I try to encrypt/decrypt large documents I get an "Out of memory" error, how can this be avoided?

3. This is a stupid one since i forgot the equation:
    How many number combonations are there with 6 fields of up to 99 each?

Thankyou in advance and any signifigant help will earn you a place in my special thanks comments and help readme OooooOOOoo AhhhHHHhhhhh

Well the answer to number 3 is 99^6 or 941480149401.

1. I have an encryption rogram going that uses it's own algorithm as well as a variable algorithm with 6 fields inputted by the user. What my question is is this:
    in my For...Next loop for decryption how can I check if a folder exists, if not create it as well as a .txt file inside to place my output? I already have the output in it's own textbox for easy cut and paste.
    Try and open a file in the folder. If the open fails, the directory does not exist so create the folder. Read up on the access modes associated with the OPEN command to find out how to create files if they don't already exist. I can't remember the modes off the top of my head (it's been a while since I've used BASIC/VB). To do the error checking you'll need to use the ON ERROR and associated commands.

2. When I try to encrypt/decrypt large documents I get an "Out of memory" error, how can this be avoided?
    If I recall correctly strings in Basic/VB can only hold approximately 32K characters. Any more than this and you'll get an "Out of memory error". You'll have to set up an array of strings to fix this. It's either this or you've run out of physical memory but this is unlikely.

3. This is a stupid one since i forgot the equation:
    How many number combonations are there with 6 fields of up to 99 each?
    Well the answer to number 3 is 99^6 or 941480149401
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Well. . . thankyou for all the help you guys have given, anymore will be much appreciated...

I gotta make a prog to check my prog. . . 941 billion
    my my
    Vice President of Practices
    RIT\'s Security Practices and Research Student Association
    http://www.sparsa.org