Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, info on creating...

Yeah i think that the problem is growing in the US because no one will take action to stop the others from creating that problem that was created to cause a problem.

Amen

"Down with the unholy basterds of East Virginia"
    ~(.)(.)~

Originally posted here by xmaddness
    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

for a linux OS
    To which I might add:
    http://www.lrs-linux.org/

I haven't tried it myself, but I gather that it is basically LFS with a more-automated (but not dumbed-down) installation (Less mucking about with temporary partitions swapping things around)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

smirc: !!!!!The one obvious search string I didn't do! Oh well...you live..you learn..you try and cover up your mistakes.
    You might want to talk to evil_enchilada - the man who never posts - on IRC. He's working on writing his own simple OS. He knows what he's talking about. He hangs out on the #programming channel.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

unfortunately, my current ISP (through my mom's work) doesn't allow irc connections. this should be solved when we move in a few months, but until then I can't get on unless someone can tell me how to bypass this. Thanks for the info though, everyone.
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Hi mom!
    Consider buying some books on the topic, since there's sush a bunch of related topics, I don't think you want to read it all from your screen. Silberschatz 'Operating System Concepts' is okay - Hamacher's 'Computer Organisation' is a more technical and goes deeper into processor architectures and related stuff.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.