Oxymorons

Thread: Oxymorons

Talking Oxymorons

OK, I couldn't resist, it just made me laugh. Check out this link (from bored.com) which lists the top 20 oxymorons. Read from 20 down to 1 - it's a classic!!

http://www.oxymoronlist.com/

- more funny stuff at http://www.bored.com

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Wink

Speaking of oxymorons, how about "Justice Department"?

This has been posted before....
    Still funny though
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

one of my favorites cause i deal with it every day it every day. Military Intelligence.
    “It will not bother me should I live my entire life without having to kill a man but I have to say I\'m glad to be surrounded by a thousand 19 year-old Marines who can\'t wait to.”

email reportedly from an Air Force EOD Tech at Kandahar airfield

my favs are off the top of my head..

Internet security
    Internet privacy

[pong]_NetSyN_[/pong]
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

An interesting question. It comes from bored.com - so I thought I'd just chuck it in this thread rather then making a new one.

"If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?"
    I've been baffled by this question. I mean if you take it mathematically, it'll be also zero, cos anything multiplied by zero is zero. However, we are talking about temperature - it is TWICE as cold, so the temperature has changed, so it cannot still be zero.

I was thinking heaps about it and thought maybe convert to a different temperature measure, such as KELVIN or something. I dunno if it'll work, but it's just a very interesting question.

Maybe someone can put my mind at ease...I can't sleep!!!

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

I'm still trying to figure why we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway, so don't ask me any hard questions.

Here's a good one for you.....If pro is the opposite of con, then obviously CONgress is the opposite of progress. I think that's a Gallagher or Carlin, can't remember.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    hot_ice> Convert everything to Centigrade
    If its 0 degrees C then it will still be 0 degrees C
    If its 0 degrees F thats like -15 C (or something) so it would be -30.
    If its 0 degrees K then its -250 (something) C, so its well below absoutel 0, and no one would survive to measure it.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman