Thread: Telix

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Telix

I went to my girlfreinds house last night and the phone rang. Naturally I answer it in my most manley voice.Heh....Only to have a screeching beep all up in my ear. Piss me off! I -slam the phone down, only to have it ring again. DAMNIT! Beeping again. OKay thats enough. I tried call back...*69 but blast, no avail.

Then I remember back in the day a lil dos program I used on my 386 to veiw 'ye old bbs'
    TELIX! Well they have telix for windows, So I downloaded it.Installed it, and they havent called back. But when they do, I'll be ready.

Now, I have gotten a complete list of all the AT commands to brush up on ol skillz long forgotten. Now If i go to host mode the cpu on the other end will login to me.Right, then i can go from there to make sure he doesnt call back.

BUT, I would like some help or tips on handling this, or even a tutorial on telix securing so when he connects I can get him before he can get me.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    What makes you think it will actually try and log to you? It is probably just a war dialer, so it won't actually try and make a connection anyway. Even if it isn't a war dialer, I doubt it will try and make a connection to you machine.

Besides, it was probably a fax machine that someone punced in the wrong number on
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    Like most people on this site say....

www.googles.com

It's www.google.com Results 1 - 10 of about 20,000. That should keep you busy for a while.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by souleman
    What makes you think it will actually try and log to you? It is probably just a war dialer, so it won't actually try and make a connection anyway. Even if it isn't a war dialer, I doubt it will try and make a connection to you machine.

Besides, it was probably a fax machine that someone punced in the wrong number on
    I agree its most likely a fax machine. I haven't heard a modem in the other end of the phone since the old good times when I was running bbs, ah those memorys .

And I was usign Telix (good old dos) until they made a crapy Win9x version .

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Maybe I jumped to gun on this....What I am wanting is these calls to stop. They have been going on for a while now...and are irritating. I was just looking for an excuse to use telix again.

And WTF guys, you must take me for some kinda Id 10 t. Of course I searched google first. Where do you think I got the complete list of AT commands for my modem?Heh, Where do you think I found the telix program? Damn, I am not new at this, however it has been so ****ing long since I have even thought about telix, I forgot how to exploit it. Yeah, I used to have fun with it.... I had my own bbs called The Crows Nest. It was fun. Anyways I guess I am only a little offended by your lack of confidence in my common sence.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

does your girl friend ever have her modem set to receive calls, if so than she could be on a list from a war dialer.

but i agree, its most likely a fax.

if you really want these calls to stop, set up her machine to receive faxs, let it receive the message. most faxs have the sending phone number on them, so fax them back telling them to change their number.

if they call again and can't connect then you know its not a fax and you might learn something using telix. caller id might be useful.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”