Thread: c-sharp

c-sharp

Does anybody describe about c-sharp? The differences among other C languages? How powerful is it?

Banned
    C# seems to be a reply to the Sun Microsystems from Microsoft that they can develop a better language than Java ( It's not sure yet ). But C# is a Java like language. By using C# developers can develop web programs and web services easier than other Microsoft tools such as VC++ and Visual Basic.

C# is derived from C/C++ with almost similar syntaxes with most of the Java features. In addition to that, it has some good Delphi features and of course C++ and Visual Basic. In C#, Microsoft has taken care of C++ problems such as memory management, pointers and other areas which weren't very convenient for developers. It supports garbage collection, automatic memory management and a lot. See my forthcoming articles "C# features" and "C# versus Java" for more details.
    That is what M$ had to say, IMO its a Java clone... For more info go to http://www.c-sharpcorner.com

C# is a new language designed by Microsoft to combine the power of C/C++ and the productivity of Visual Basic. Initial language specifications also reveal obvious similarities to Java, including syntax, strong web integration and automatic memory management. So, if you have programmed in either C++ or Java, adding C# to your ken of languages should be fairly straightforward.
    One-tenth of the folks run the world. One-tenth watch them run it, and the other eighty percent don\'t know what the hell\'s going on.

Seems that if you wanted to ease the learning curve from C/C++ to Java (or vica versa), C# would be good. But then again, it might just confuse you.

I am quite comfortable in Perl just wanna have another experience in using other language. I am thinking about learning C# directly or start from C++. Coz I heard from people C++ is more powerful than C# (especially to program directly to the machine/hardware) but C# is more productive in creating applications.