Thread: Help with IRC

Unhappy Help with IRC

Hi! I seem to have been banned from IRC...I know I haven't behaved obnoxiously to have been kicked out, and I am on dial-up, so I have an IP address that changes everytime I log on...I was wondering if perhaps the entire domain had been banned?
    I would also like to know if there is anyone I can contact to find out why I am banned if it is directly aimed at me? I wasn't online when the ban occured, I just logged on and tried to connect, and I get the message everytime I try....
    Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Sounds like your ISP got g-lined. That is rare, unless you get an IRCop-nazi, or ALOT of ppl from that isp is abusing the system.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Thanks, but what is an IRCop-Nazi? (duh) I don't think there would be that many of us on the ISP to abuse it, as it is a fairly small one....I live out in the sticks, and this one is my only local option.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    An IRC-OP/Nazi is like Louie Although g-lineing is VERY rare.
    You might have been banned by nick or ident also. If you are talking about irc.antionline.com, then try logging in again in about 1/2 hour or so. A lot of the bans are time limited, depending on when they were inforced.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Hmm, I foolishly forgot to ask if you are able to log on to IRC, or just can't join a channel....

Which one is it? Also, what messages do you get? (if you were banned it would tell you, same with if you were g-lined)
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Okay...thanks for all the help, I logged on again, and it seems that I am able to get on AO IRC again...hmmm? I wonder what that was about....
    And in Louie's defense...he and I get along just fine....lol!
    Thanks again for the responses, and boy am I glad I can talk again!!

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Tell louie I said hi

You probably typed in all caps or something, and AntiChat banned you. Either that, or the wrong person was banned. That happens on occassion when the channel gets really hectic.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman