Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you getting old?

Are you getting old?

Let's see. The majority of students in universities today were born in 1983....
    They are called "youth".

For them:
    1. They have never heard of "We are the World, we are the Children..."

2. And the "Uptown Girl" they know is by Westlife not Billy Joel.

3. For them, there have always been only one Germany and only one Vietnam.

4. AIDS exists since they were born.

5. CD exists since they were born.

6. Michael Jackson is already whitened.

7. John Travolta is always round in shape and they can't imagine how this fat guy could be a god of dance.

8. They believe that Charlie's Angels and Mission Impossible are just new films out last year.

9. They can never imagine a black and white screen for a computer.

10. They never know Pac-Man.

11. They can't believe a black and white television ever existed and they don't even know how to switch on a TV without a remote control.

12. And they never understand how could we go out without a mobile phone
    when we were in university...

Let's check if we're getting old...

1. You understand what was written above and you smile.

2. You need to sleep more, until afternoon, after a night out.

3. Your friends are getting married.

4. You are always surprised to see small children playing comfortably with computer.

5. When you see teenagers with mobile phones, you shake your head.

6. You develop more and more feelings about your work. It's now your life.

7. You spend less and less time talking on phone with your friends daily.

8. You meet your friends from time to time, talking about the good old days, repeating again and again all funny stories your experienced together.

This was completely taken from here, . I thought it was kind of interesting, so hope ya enjoy.

I guess i'm aready old, and i was born a mere 4 years before the year posted.
    4. You are always surprised to see small children playing comfortably with computer.
    This shouldn't surprise me, but it does. It's like, damn, kids are learning computers at a young age now. Myself it was around 10 or so, but it certainly wasn't as main-stream.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Yeh, that's what I'm saying about the kid thing. I am trying my hardest to get my little brother to get around the PC, and I've successfully gotten my little cousin, who is 4 right now I believe, to fall in love with 'em. This family's gonna be successful, you just wait!

I'm as old as the hills then. I remember watching Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful, cat......
    America - Land of the free, home of the brave.

Banned
    Im 16 and I feel old when I see posts like this, Damn you jehnx
    I remember Felix The Cat, too

jehnx - I'd give you greenies for this post that makes even me feel old but I have to distribute

Ac1d: lol, sorry for making ya feel old! BTW: I'm not trying to get greenies bud, but thanks for saying you would and all. What do you mean, "I have to distribute."? I've not ever gotten that message, so just wondering you're talking about.

Try being born in 87'. hahahaha! Envy my youth! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha! Acctually though, I still know about all that stuff that makes me old. My sister is 19 so she my link to the past. lol.
    Fight the Power!

I don't think I am to old I'm only 23 and still in college. I'
    ll be 24 in December!

I used to play LodeRunner... Like KP, I was born in 87... I kinda feel old..., not really... Some people here are about my age... At least I'm not Niave... I know what I'm doing... 'Old enough to know better, young enough not to care' A dirtbiking shirt said that...

-Tim_axe

Elvis died...(good for him)...

But hey, I got to play with BASIC on Apple IIe's when they were brand new(10 years later)...then the Apple IIgs....there was this one game that i used to play that you had to combine elements to make a balloon or a slime or a brick wall...something...can't remember the name of it...crap...and then there was DOS...and then...crap...what happened after DOS?...oh yeah Win 3.1...and then...crap....AND THEN, THIS ONE TIME, AT BAND CAMP...(sigh)....

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor