News: Microsoft Threaten to Drop Windows
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News: Microsoft Threaten to Drop Windows

News: Microsoft Threaten to Drop Windows

Microsoft has threatened to pull out of the operation systems area in the lead-up to a new phase of the Windows antitrust case. Read it here.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Banned
    Can it be true.... I hope not... Even though Windows sucks ass as an OS imagine what Microsoft will start making after Windows Cars? Furniture? The possibilities are endless!

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    wow.. the MS lawyers definetly know what they are doing.. if MS was to pull out of the market... that would be disasterous. If they keep this angle going i could see all the anti-trust cases being dropped. MS would have the DoJ by the balls. Scary thought.

Banned

Unhappy

That is quite a mouth full.....

It's Odd that Microsoft is being forced to make their source code available, yet the DeCSS code lost in court? (Now that's *****ed up!)

Monkey see, don't monkey do! Watsap wit dat?

I can see the reasoning that xmaddness see's, but even if they do drop the OS, wouldn't they still have to finish the open cases of the past OS's? Just because you leave it/drop it, doesn't remove the responsibility of the persons.

Oh reality, #1 MS has share holders that like their Stock price especally Billion Dollar Bill. #2 Scare tatic of epic scale hell the Pres good ol' boy who's yer Daddy Bush please step in. # 3 Computer makers would not have to pay the MS tax, and business pays twice. #4 Layoffs in Licensense complance depts cause it's moot if they do. In short MS did not invent computing bought it's first OS tweaked it. MS wants to stop what Bill did long ago take open source code buy it from the developer tweak it all it MS DOS. Then again Bills Dad lent him the money to buy that OS. They pull out the OS is gone well seems as a pro geek I know what the alts are. MS inovates by buying other peoples hard work. Know why MS is having problems cause their cost of the OS is two high and all 90% of Small American Business owners are walking away from XP and this two year new release cycle. I hope they do go away and whew I don;t own any stock. Mind you your gonna have many rich folks applying pressure to oh say a senitor or two on this one. Proves the entire antitrust thing...they cling to a minority of loyal users while the rest of the Magority are foreced by MFG to by their stuff. Legal crap thay cannot afford to leave the OS market for long, and if they do they will never get back what they had.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

M$ is full of ****, they would never give up there bread and butter OS income. They’ll go kicking a screaming throwing money left and right at any one who can help make there little anti-trust suit go away.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Hmmm...if it were a poker game, I'd call their bluff!!

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Microsoft said selling a stripped-down version of Windows for PC manufacturers would force it to test 1024 different versions, and it would pull out of the area rather than do that.
    That is the only statement in the article that says anything about them pulling out of the OS market. Somehow that doesn't seem like a whole hearted threat.

MS should talk to OJ Simpson.. get his lawyers.. he got away with murder.. They'd be sure to win then. And MS would never give up making the Windows OS, thats what made Mr. Billy Gates whom he is today. I don't see it happening.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    idle threats don't scare me.

It is a very intersting theory. Maybe they will just sell off the OS portion to another company. Just think what would happen if Time Warner/AOL bought the source/rights to Windows.....

Ok, now I am scared.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman