Thread: Graphics/Design

Graphics/Design

With the risk of sounding like an ungrateful tool, I suggest losing the logo and related graphics on this site. A site as cool as this needs a l337 appearance, lol, and this ain't it folks.

Just my humble opinion...don't hax0r me
    gh0stface

tha graphix are fine... and this isn't a 1337 site... this isn't a hacker site at all, but a security site. the graphix have been in place for a long time... why change now
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    lee7? What the hell are you talking about? You want the logo changed after 5 years? I really hope your kidding. Nobody is going to hax0r you, but you will probably catch a few flames for that. Especially since you have only been here for a day.

What kind of l337 appearance would you want? All black and red or green or something? This is a computer security site, not a haxor script kiddie site.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

The site looks fine...Does anyone remember what it loked like before?? and all the bitching about it going purple.
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Good lord, its called humor.

/flame suit on

Why is everyone so touchy on here? I guess you prolly get a lot of idiots on here that want to talk about virii, hacking, etc, so you are on guard when you see someone new. Oh well, I forgive.
    gh0stface

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    It has nothing to do with someone being new. It has to do with someone new trying to change what we all know. If you made a site suggestion that was helpful, that is one thing, but suggesting a change to make the site look "l337" is just asking to be flamed. If you took the time to search the forums, other people have requested "cosemetic" changes to the logo/tag line, and it isn't going to happen. Thats like telling Microsoft that they should change their name, because you think it would be better as Micro$oft. It just isn't going to happen, and you know that MS would laugh at you.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

All I meant was that it needs a facelift, not that it should appear to be a "hacker" site. And like I said, the "1337" thing was a joke.

"If you made a site suggestion that was helpful, that is one thing"

Changing the Microsoft brand is not analogous to changing the lame graphics on a website. If you think that appearance improvements aren't helpful, then that is your problem. Enjoy.
    gh0stface

Banned
    Greetings All:

Hey now, play nice, hehe. While I appreciate everyone here "getting my back", I think that gh0stface's suggestion was a valid one, and was done in a proper manner.

Gh0stface, the reason that AntiOnline looks the way it does is because I personally make all of the graphics and design templates that appear on the site. I've been running AntiOnline for over 10 years now (gawd damn, that makes me sound old), and I've learned a few things.

Our users visit our site several times a day on average, for the sole purpose of getting information. We're an information site. Entertainment sites should be full of interesting looking graphics and flash animations. Information sites should be designed to have the highest degree of functionality possible. I try to follow what I call my 2 click rule. A user should be able to get whatever information they're looking for with only 2 clicks.

If you look at other information sites, like CNN for example, you'll see that they too are lacking on fancy graphics and animations.

We use graphics and buttons only to help make the site more intuitive, and easy to use. The only exception to that, is our main logo that appears on the top of each page, which is designed to help us gain brand recognition. No one that ever visits our site for the first time from a search engine, or via a link on the many thousands of sites that link to us, will ever have to wonder what our site is called, or what our domain name is.

BAM, In Your Face AntiOnline.com

Thanks for the suggestion though.