Thread: screw up a hacker

screw up a hacker

I was just reading George_ge's post about virus trapping and it made me think. Is there any download that when you get attacked by a trojan, it freezes the attacker's computer? kinda like screwing up a remote attacker.

Well there was a program out there called the chain or something like that a while ago. My best advice to you is to get a firewall because just getting one little ******* isn't going to stop them. Most of the people that will attack your home computer are ignorant little script kiddies and some will come back with a vengence. I know because I used to be one regrettably. The best solution is just to get a firewall and an up to date virus scanner.

Trojans don't attack. If you are referring to like a code-red or nimda. If you have a few extra IP's you could always run a tarpit/honeypot. The tarpit holds the connection open until the other side resets. With this in mind you can imagine if a person scans you or such and each connection gets tarpitted you'll slow down the box allot.
    America - Land of the free, home of the brave.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    If you screw up the remote attacker, you are basically doing a DOS machine against them. That in itself is illegal. In other words, the program may be cool, but it can get you prison time if you use it.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

how can it be illegal? they are the one that attacked me and I am just using computer self defense. its not illegal to kill or seriously hurt someone if it is self defense and you are in a life or death situation. Your computer is the same way, your computers "life" could be at risk if an attacker deletes a major system or windows file.

It is illegal but the chance of you getting caught are very small. Just remember two wrongs don't make a right.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

If either of you dies it's a crime. You should just run away from the place, not attack the attacker. Eg. pull the line off or get a proper firewall!!

Edit / Add: And did you notice that if you attack the attacker, YOU are the attacker. Then the original attacker could use some attacker-screwer-up against you and the whole **** doesn't lead anywhere except that both computers get f***ed...
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

What would be nice is if someone found an exploitable buffer overflow in the [insert your favorite trojan's name here] client (ie: the "remote control"). I think this is more what Ryan had in mind...

Heheh.. that would be funny... think about the guy's face!

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Tell me more about Tarpit's....I came across one once...also found that XP is equiped with one the char spee dport...lol....instead of ONE set...it just keep's going...and going...and going....
    .....tanx a bunch...
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

it does not make you the attacker. it is not to reverse the effects of a trojan. i do not want to hack into the attackers computer, i just want something that will freeze the attackers computer. it wouldn't do any harm to the hacker but he would just know not to attack me again because his/her computer will freeze every time he tries. its kinda like a cool firewall.