Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How absurd can ya get?

How absurd can ya get?

The mom of a suicidal pilot kid is suing the zit-cream company? Come on!

Read about it here.

Give me a break..........................
    Thats like a noob saying I can't figure out Linux therefore I'll go out and slaughter all pinguins.

The world of litigation is going to hel%$^ and back..................................
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

lol p2p, exactly. This is one of the most idiotic incidences I've read about in a long while.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Excerpt taken from here.
    Accutane carries a warning about suicide.
    Something smells funny here. After a little more googling I found this at the FDA website.

Quote taken from the FDA website.
    Though the drug's label previously listed depression as a possible reaction, FDA strengthened the label warning in 1998 after reviewing cases with serious outcomes reported in the years after the drug was approved. The new labeling states that Accutane may cause depression and psychosis, and that in rare cases it may cause suicidal ideation (thoughts of suicide), suicide attempts, and suicide.

The label also advises providers that simply discontinuing the drug may not remedy any psychiatric problems and that further evaluation may be necessary. "In some cases, stopping Accutane alone may not be enough to relieve the mood changes," says Jonathan Wilkin, MD, director of CDER's division of dermatologic and dental drug products. "Psychiatric treatment may also be needed."

Something tells me there may actually be a link here. If this was the first case of this happening, why would they put it on the label? It must have happened enough to cause concern. Hmmmm....

Banned
    Damn a PFT (Pimply Faced Teen) shouldnt even be allowed to fly a damn plane!
    And now his mother is suing the company, augh, what retards people can be!

Exclamation

[gloworange]what a buch of ****![/gloworange] [blur]any thing for money![/blur]

After the grieving is over, some parents figure out that there is a gold mine out there, and go for anyone, or any company their lawyer recommends they sue.

Whatever happened to good sense, judgement, and last of all, having a brain that works??? Kinda like Cyrix 233 6 by 86 running win 98. Overload

I love cats (they taste just like chicken)

\"you can get farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone\"-Al Capone

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Gimme a break... It is the parents fault for not properly checking out side effects of drugs if its anyone's fault.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

ac1dsp3ctrum there is nothing wrong with a teen flying a plane. I went through ground school (first part of flight training) when I was 15... I passed The FAA, and could have gone on to Flight School the next summer.... Basically I could have been a licensed pilot at the age of 16 if I would have worked hard at it... What is wrong with that? I didnt only because I didnt have the money. The experience of flying is awesome and something that is 'yours' when your in the sky... its like having your own world and then you have to come down. Flying should be a privledge that all should be able to experience and/or pursue if one wants.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I personally have 3 friends that are licensed pilots and are now getting their commercial licenses.

I personally have 3 friends that are licensed pilots and are now getting their commercial licenses.
    A couple of my mates are getting their pilot licenses as well...hmmm...come to think of it, one of them has pimples...nooooooo...I gotta stop him!!!

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester