(New Forum)What do you think??

Thread: (New Forum)What do you think??

(New Forum)What do you think??

I was just thinking that a forum dedicated to Disaster recovery might be nice. We are all concerned with security, but if something is compromised what's the first thing that happens? Restore a backup..... Data Recovery seems to be the other half of the equation.What does everyone else think?
    Share on Google+

An interesting idea but Iím afraid that it would just end up becoming a dead forum were no one post.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I think it would be a useful forum. Who knows, there may be more interest than we think. Good suggestion, Custy_J.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]
    Share on Google+

Although I think there are too many forums as it is, I do like this idea and think it could be implemented and would be used a fairly good bit. Good idea, bud.
    Share on Google+

Yeah, I think it would be a good addition, as many people underestimate the need for good disaster recovery plan. It's vital to have, especially in larger organizations, but still important for the SOHO.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester
    Share on Google+

Banned
    I think it would be a wonderfull addition...... i do wanna know a bit more about recovering deleated data... i mean i know its possible but im not quite sure on how.....

I think it should be put into place and in the forums there should be sections like *nix recovery, win recovery and tutorials and such
    Share on Google+

We have enough forums as it is...lets relax a bit and work with what we have. Honestly...I'm starting to beleive we pull ideas out of our asses just for the hell of it these days...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]
    Share on Google+

Banned
    WebCarnage... what exactly is "enough forums" AO is an expanding community with well over 82,000 members to it....... i mean come on..... we DONT have ENOUGH forums..... people dont only come here for security anymore, they come here for general computer help all together with data recovery in mind as well....... we get some data recovery questions on IRC all the time from incomming guest that come from the java applet, personaly i think a few more forums would be nice
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Greetings:

Personally, I don't think that "disaster recovery" would get enough posts to warrent its own forum (which is usually the standard I use when making decisions on new forums).

thanks for the suggestion though!
    Share on Google+