AOL Snubbing M$?

Thread: AOL Snubbing M$?

AntiOnline Senior Member

AOL Snubbing M$?

Taken from -

Hehe <kid mode> *sticks out tongue* na-na-na-na-na-na I am getting back at you M$ for snubbing me! </kid mode>

Browser Wars II : The Revenge of AOL

It looks like the flames of the browser wars of the 1990's are about to be fanned again, with AOL's announcement of the inclusion of Netscape's "Gecko" browser in the upcoming Compuserve suite, in preference to the traditional Internet Explorer.

After Microsoft's release of Windows XP and its apparent snub of the AOL suite as a preferred on- line provider, there has been speculation that AOL will try to get their own back by packaging the Netscape (now owned entirely by AOL) "gecko" browser.

This speculation has appeared to be true as AOL have announced that their upcoming Compuserve suite will prove as a test bed for the take-up of the rival browser. Good news for web designers though, as both now comply with existing standards.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at

This is going to be funny!
    If you don\'t tell me what I want to know, in 5 minutes I\'ll be the only person left standing at this table...5 minutes after that, I\'ll be the only person left standing in this room.

Oh yeah, This is gonna be fun

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Dude that's funny...and to think, AOL's trying to 'embrace' open source by including a browser that's made by a bunch of developers that aren't associated with Netscape but it's a Netscape project and Netscape's owned by AOL now...

Speaking of AO-Hell, I've converted another one to cable today! Woo! Score 1 for the home team!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.