Premium Service

Thread: Premium Service

Banned

Premium Service

JP i know you were once talking about maybe adding on an AO Premium service to willing paying AO members......

Can you list some details maybe????? Personally im interested in it and would pay a sum to become a Premium member....

And i know people are gonna whine and complain, but its optional, you dont have to pay you cnan stay as a regular member if you want.

Well reply with some info if you can JP, btw will we get cool t-shirts cus i love mine!!!!! now all i need is a tie cap and mug and im set!

I would be willing to pay as well. Just so the free forums can remain free. This is a site worth keeping around. It's a nice resource for noobs to the security feild. As well, it's a nice reference for the old hands. I for one would like it to remain so. If this means some of us helping to support the site through a premium membership fee. I would. Besides. I would like to have a t-shirt myself or a coffie mug would be ggood. Even better would be a lapel pin or tie tack.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Hmmm...I wonder what the premium service would include. I mean I hope there won't be any threads that are restricted only to people who have paid, I just wouldn't like to see that happen.

I'm just trying to think here...apart from t-shirts, hats, keyrings...whatever, what else could a premium service include? It would have to be something really big to get a lot of people to pay I think. Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry {PP}Apocalypse, didn't see your post there.

I would be willing to pay as well. Just so the free forums can remain free.
    Hehe...that's kinda funny...I don't get ya!!
    I mean, you say you'd be willing to pay to keep it free. Won't that mean that you are not making it free for yourself??

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Banned
    Hmm, We asked JP about the Premium Member service in IRC and he said that he hasnt decided yet... But since he took the 'Premium Member' title from under his name, I think he has made his decision

Banned
    I dont know i think it would be a great addition to people who are truely dedicated to this site.... ive been around AO for a little bit now.... i know not as long as some people (and it doesnt show by my posts cus im mostly on IRC) but as an older member of AO that contributes alot i think that i would like to see some "premium member" services..... even our own forum would be nice.... i mean AntiOnline Adicts have their own forum..... this is also a way of keepin out the s'kiddies that just post alot to get into the special forum, these forums will be for truely dedicated members..... maybe even be able to start our own sub-forum with just a click of a button?? who knows.... but i think little services with a maybe 6-month membership fee, also make available long term members like 2 years or something like that(maybe they get a slight percentage discount)

Just think this would be nice

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I bet if you sent him an email, he would give you an address for sending donations. He might even be willing to put "premium member" under your name if you donate enough money
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

hmm...the XP forum I belong to has a premium option...you get access to more downloads and windows themes.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.