Hardware or software? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardware or software?

it speaks off needing a key and a program that must be installed on the clients to acess,(supplied with a "KeyCutter" program that runs under Windows or NT and enables you to select the-from the site) this 'key'. my comment is how secure can it possibly be if developers didnt even consider to add *nix support

If you tell me Curiosity Killed the cat,
    Then I say he died a noble death.

Banned
    someone can probably pass it using a new tool or something. think about it, new programs come out every day and new hacking programs come out every day. you don't need that many firewalls. if I were you I would get rid of BlackIce because I have heard nothing but bad things about it and its just taking up more space on your system. I have recently been on norton.com and I seen some network firewall that was hardware (looked like a hub). You can check it out at http://www.norton.com/ but it probably costs like $300 and I don't think you'd need that with the number of firewalls that you have already (software).

Banned
    the one from norton is called Symantec Gateway Security and it is at the right side of their site (www.norton.com)

Banned
    ohh I noticed somethin again about it when I was reading. It is also antivirus. sounds pretty good.

AntiOnline Newbie
    Anything that claims to be "hacker-proof" will be hacked in short order. Once a company makes that claim, they paint a huge bullseye right on their product. Somehow, somewhere, somebody will find a way to get through.

Banned
    the only way to be hacker proof is to disconnect from the internet.