Social life or computers?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Social life or computers?

Social life or computers?

Ok people i just wanted to know what does the computer mean to you?.
    Before i got into computers i used to go out everynight with friends,play my playstation,
    read books,cause trouble at school ect.But now i am into computers i never go out,usually up all night on the computer and when im not on the computer im usually reading computer books,and i now normally find real life a bore and just wanna hurry up and get out of work/school ect to get on the computer,So i just wondered did all you other anti-online members have good social lifes before you got into computers,and do you spend most of your time on your computer?
    thanx scott

Banned
    Social Life???? What the hell is that?!?!?!?

lol just kidding nah i still have a social life, appart from work and computers i go out every friday and satruday night, i do spend alot of my time on my computer, but im a very social person.... im mostly on at night so there isnt much to do anyway....
    I mean im not a COMPLETE nerd, only 1/2

LOL

I recently went out and did a very silly thing ..... got engaged.

The better half won't let me be too anti social, so I am forced to get out of the house at least 2 nights + the weekends. I guess that makes me a frustrated nerd.

I think for a while there i was being a bit nerdy, but after my skin got used to daylight I got better

Can't stay off to meet the missus and pigout on nice food, and icecream.

Regards

I used to spend every minute online, I would stay up on IRC til 5 in the morning.

Internet addiktion is a bad thing, trust me, I am so glad I've got back into my normal routine of going out and getting so drunk I can't remember who I was with that night..
    http://www.hackhouse.org - the perfect influence

I hardly touch a computer once I leave work. I find that eight hours coding a day is pretty much what I can hadle. My biggest problem is the tv that takes far too many precious hours from my math-studies, my girlfiend and all the books I want to read.
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

heh, i had a pretty good social life while doing just the computer nerd thing and whatever else came along, but then i went and got a serious girlfried(been with her for just over a year now). that was the end of my "social" life. i spend all my time on my pc, at class or with her(well, in the past few weeks i've been getting out a little more, a few parties here and there, but nothing like i used to)

so i'd have to say that being a nerd hurt my social life, and getting a GF pretty much killed it, as counter-intuitive as that sounds. :-P
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

I use to not have a social life. Spent every moment learning something new about my computer. But I stopped that and got a social life somewhere halfway through high school.

My social life is good my friends and girlfriends are more important as computers
    hip hop rules

What a very odd post. Everyone has friends, some more than others. Some people feel reliant on other people some people just like the companionship. But it's the people who just don't give a **** have the most friends, imo.

All this high school talk makes me feel a little old....I've been married for 4 years!

We have a healthy social life but I'd prefer to spend time on my box (there's a joke in there somewhere) rather than go out with "actual people."