AntiPoints on IRC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiPoints on IRC

Banned

AntiPoints on IRC

JP, i know a while ago you said you were working on a way to incorperate AntiPoints in IRC... but when is that going to come into play and do you have any details about it???

Banned
    i was actually thinking about that a little while ago it would be pretty nice cause i know a few memers live in irc lol and we spend alot of time helping people so being able to assign poits would kick arse
    RiOtEr

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    That was back when AntiBot worked as a nick server, and everyone complained that they had to use a password. Without a nickserving bot, it can't be done.

I can see a lot of antipoint abuse in IRC happening though. If you help someone, give em a link to one of your posts, and ask them to assign you antipoints. And I am not just saying this because I don't hang out much in IRC anymore. I will be back one of these days...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

well, i've never been into the antionline irc, but i agree with the idea of the APs in the IRC...

The APs are about making good posts and helping people out, so if you do it on IRC u should get it too....

Hi mom!
    okay, that's a really irritating signature rioter...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

guss> I agree, might not be long before he starts getting negative antipoints because of his sig. Neg-points are used when you disagree with a post, and a lot of people disagree with his sig, which is part of the post
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

Banned
    Well i think that AntiBot should come back...... i mean i have to put in my password to be OPed anyway and other functions with AntiChat, why not AntiBot??? And i liked the fact that no one could use my Nick but i didnt like that i cant change it to Dome-afk or something, but im sure next time around he will add it..... but i wasnt thinking of having other members assign it..... i was thinking it would go more along the lines of activity in the chat and contribution..... and maybe alittle bit if user assignment

Dome...an op...that's probably why I don't show up much any more

Activity in the chat? 6 Months ago, I would have had something like 50k antipoints from that. People already abuse the system to get their stats raised. What would they do if they could get antipoints. You can't go by time online either, because there are a lot of people that idle. I just don't know how it could work.....unless you think the op's should assign them....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

Banned
    Im not saying i know of a perfect way to do this, if i did then i would of already suggested a full project to JP... im thinking maybe OPs or OPERs can contribute by adding antipoints because they are usualy more trusted then the rest.... although there are also a few OPs and OPERs that abuse their privlages....

This would definately need to be thought out, but like i said.... i think that the people who contribute to the IRC Community should get some reccognition on the AO site as well... i just recently started posting on the boards again just cus i got bored, but im more of an IRC person, youll see my nick there 24 hours a day, maybe i dont have a life but still

Juts a suggestion and i want to hear more peoples opinion on it...

And if you havent been to AO IRC click the link that is on my signature..... you guys should really join in on the fun

What if you actually had a seperate AntiPoint system for the IRC, so that means the AntiPoints on the boards and the AntiPoints on IRC would not be counted together. I dunno, I'm just throwing around some suggestions, see what everyone thinks.

Some people are very helpful on IRC. I'm there everynow and then and if I have some small problem, someone is always there to help - I think it would be good to be able to give em a few points for their help.

Hmmm...what if you could have a command to give some AntiPoints to a certain username and if it is registered, it will add the points. And, if you want to see how many AntiPoints someone has, you could do something like:

!antipoints hot_ice

and it'll show something like:

AntiPoints status for hot_ice: + + + + or
    AntiPoints status for hot_ice: - -

where '+' stands for something like 100 positive AntiPoints and '-' obviously for something like 100 negative AntiPoints.

I dunno, would this be possible?

Another thing you must consider, as souleman said, is abuse. But, I think we can trust our members.

Cheers,
    Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester