Thread: Of Kazaa and spyware.

Of Kazaa and spyware.

Is there anyway to prevent kazaa from putting spyware into my computer each time I use it? (Also, I use adware to remove that crap) I use Adware to delete the crap after each time I close Kazaa, and before and after I use my browser. Is this a good Idea? Another question. How exactly does the spyware used by Kazaa work to view my actions to, I guess, Spam me if it's correct to say so? Specificall, does it go through the history files and cookies of my browser? That's all the questions that I have for now. Thanks to anyone willing to help.

you can simply UNINSTALL the B3D software that kazaa installs though windows uninstaller. . .Kazaa will still work, i've done it a few times.

I'm not quite sure how it works. . .I believe that it sneds data back on what you're actually DOING and such, and that data is recorded by the B3D company. .

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    It checks to see what you dl from other computers, and what words ou use when you search.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Cool

You might want to checkout this thread posted by Tedob1(yesterday).

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...494#post498494

It talks about a 'stripped down' version of Kazaa, it might be something you want to try

DjM

Banned
    http://kazaalite.lunarpages.com/bde_b3d_killer.exe

B3D Killer
    It will remove B3D completely

to remove B3D just do it through control panel/revmoe progs

Banned
    bilo86: When you do it like that it says that some of the programs components cannot be removed (Most users just leave this alone but the parts it leaves is actually the main part of the program!)

you can also go to www.downloads.com and search for kazaa and you will get a prog that claims to remove adware and spyware.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Question

I have removed all the files needed in Windows and BDE folder..
    The problem i hate about the program(But will continue to use) is the Recommendations it adds to your files.I looked into the "Current & Previous" db files in Kazaa folder and read them in notepad and deletting everything between the "Square" dots at the beginning of the text to the "Square" dot at the end of the text and saved the changes when closing notepad.
    When opening Kazaa again the recomendations are gone.
    Now to work out how to stop them from getting in there??
    Any ideas??