Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Messanger

System_Overload

Project Messanger

This is a real shot in the dark, but I think it's a really cool idea.

I suggest that we make an AO messanger. I think it would be really cool to have our own instant message system. Im sure if we all come together and help with this project that we will be able to make a better messanger then aol,icq, and msn. Just think a messager with no ads, no popups, no spam messages..... Any wyas it's just an idea tell me what you think....

System _0verload

Sounds like a great idea. I've only programmed once my sophmore year and have never done any since, so I'm no good. But good luck to your idea and anyone who's willing to make it work.

Banned
    Hmmm, I dont think I could help much.... I could make the web interface to the Messenger though
    Its a good idea, but i dont think abyone here is willing to give up that much time, LOL....
    Hmmm, Im gonna do some research.. Maybe I can decompile AIM or ICQ and tweak some settings, remove some ads/buttons, etc.

System_Overload
    http://www.planet-source-code.com has some cool stuff to look over.....

System_0verload

umm how ezactly would u decompile AIM...oh nm found it a google
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

I agree this is a good idea... there is so much talent spread around AO that this could definitely be done. It's a fairly big project, and costly for the servers, so I doubt anyone will take it on. Maybe that could be part of that "premium" thing that seems inevitable to come.

System_Overload
    You know I totaly forgot about money... *lol* Good point jehnx.... Getting a messanger up and running would be a bit costly....

System_0verload

I reckon it's a good idea, but yeah, as jehnx said, it will take time and money. How about we create a team!! A team of people who stand for the greater good...or just for AO Messenger. I can play a part in this team...ummm...I'll give all the programmers mental support. It is needed, without this support, the Messenger will be full of bugs!!

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Good idea, hot_ice, hehe. I'll be on the morale team as well.

sounds great!!

i could do interface, webdesign, and stuff like that. =) keep me up on this.
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.