Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Messanger

What about just throwing something up on top of jabber and one of their generic clients? Seems like this has been done and redone by a lot of different folks. LOL
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Yeah ok what till the newbies download it, people you don't realize it could be worse then the IRC, every 5 minutes "How do I hack hotmail" I just don't think that it would be such a great tool for AO to have. Also how could you trust someone here to program somthing, it's like asking to download a trojan. Maybe if someone that JP really trusted but that's it. Downloading programs are always risky. I would have to see source code to actually run it. On decompling AIM why don't you go look up the AIM/Oscar protocol in the RFC's and learn how it works first. It's a nice idea to bring to AO but I don't see it happening and there is already to many things out there for IM. Doesn't trillian allow you to chat with people on IRC that you put on your buddy list. I don't even think you have to connect to a room. That's basically the same thing but not everyone here connects to IRC.

it has it's goods and bads, but the question is, is it worth the effort. we have irc and that is the best. but i can help to some degree if people decide to do it
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Feh.......lord_darkside_x got to it before I could.......

Yeah, we do have the IRC channel.......why bother coding up something new? And besides.....given the number of operating systems used by AO members, it'd be a real pain to code. You'd have to have windows, mac, linux, BSD......all manner of different versions.
    Got Root?

This user powered by Linux.

this suggestion has popped quite alot - the only advantages that people could think off over irc was that it could do like msn and alert you when u have a new PM or when someone asigns you new antipoints - but when u egt a pm a pop-up box alerts u anyways

its not a bad idea but from a safety point of view it ain't a good one either

but hey if it does go ahead I'll help in what lil way i can - i dunno make coffee or something

v_Ln

I'll sign up for the standing on the sidelines cheering you guys on team...lol!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

i've been trying to work on something like this for a while, it's kinda hard for me because im a pretty sloppy coder, im all self taught. i would be willing to get in on this as long as it's an equal effort from everyone.

Banned
    it was suggested before im sure of it or did i dream it..? no it was reality and i think the idea was smashed cause insnt that what the buddy list is for...?
    RiOtEr

I could do some interface stuf for linux/unix..
    but just the frontend.

I'm not much of a engine designer

cool idea btw
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    Perhaps I can help with a few things...... I can help with webinterface and programming of it.