Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IP Address

IP Address

How can i find the IP address of my computer
    do i use a program
    Please help Thanks!

Well, if you use Windows, go to MS-DOS and type 'ipconfig' (without quotes) and it'll have it there.

Next time, just to make it easier for people to answer your question, give us some details about your system, such as what Operating System you use.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Banned
    You could also use a program called winipcfg in Windows ME and lower... Its a GUI to the ipconfing command line

you can also type in same in dos i.e winipcfg.
    Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference.

And if you use an Operating System (hehe)
    netstat or
    ifconfig
    In the breifest flash I once understood the concept of randomness as a reflex. My question,\"Is it voluntary?\"
    5amYan
    --last line--<4.6692016090

lazy

if u r lazy u could just go to www.whatismyipaddress.com
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Websites such as whatsmyipaddress.com have the caveat that they don't work for anyone behind a NAT or proxy of any kind (they simply report the source address from where they've received the packet(s)). Many ISPs these days are resulting to RFC1918 addresses (ie. IPs designed for "disconnected" or private network space) for their dial-ins or DSL lines and the like...

For windows, as was already said, "winipcfg" (for Win95, Win98, etc) and "ipconfig /all" (for "late-model" Windows boxes like 2k) will give you the address your machine is using.

For most UN*X boxes, the command you will probably need is "ifconfig" with proper options (usually "-a"). It should normally live under /usr/sbin/ifconfig or /sbin/ifconfig, depending on the flavor you are running.

of couse that would not work if u were behind a proxy becouse that is the point of proxys...spoof ur IP, anyway I was just asuming that he wasn't behind a proxy. Also it is just faster to use dos.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

oh yeah i know the "real" point of proxys orinaly was to make "surfing the web faster" (coundn't think of a better way to put it right now)

goto start/run type in 'winipcfg'
    The Earth turns, but we don\'t feel it move, and one night you look up, one spark, and the sky is on fire. - GONY

01100011 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110000 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100101 01110100