Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IP Address

if it begins with a 13 your in trouble

yes cky rocks and so do the movies
    bam margera is god

Banned
    K, while everyone changes the subject, what OS ya got?

oh why does this keep on going? lol every posible difernt way he could have found his IP have already been discoused
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

lol, i never knew there were some many was to check an IP address. i'd just go with the winipcfg in run my self
    The Earth turns, but we don\'t feel it move, and one night you look up, one spark, and the sky is on fire. - GONY

01100011 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110000 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100101 01110100

Originally posted here by Mucolaca
    of couse that would not work if u were behind a proxy becouse that is the point of proxys...spoof ur IP, anyway I was just asuming that he wasn't behind a proxy. Also it is just faster to use dos.

Originally posted here by Mucolaca
    oh yeah i know the "real" point of proxys orinaly was to make "surfing the web faster" (coundn't think of a better way to put it right now)

The original point behind proxies was to protect an internal network and provide such features as content filtering. It's a lot easier to hide/secure a huge network on a "non routeable network," behind a single proxy and point everything at that bastion host than to secure a bunch of machines with routeable addresses. There's no real address "spoofing" going on, persay, just proxying... much like voting, you send someone out "on your behalf" to do your bidding. And, it's a lot easier for an admin to make sure the proxy is nice and strong rather than having to touch every desktop machine to apply a patch when M$ releases another beta... errr... release of Internet Exploder.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

umm k well I may have been mistaken (witch i probley am) I have read difernt things from differnt places.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

You might just be confusing a true proxy/firewall type server with a caching proxy like squid or Apache (the again, I don't think I was too terribly clear in my post, either).

[Technically, however, those tend to be "Web Caches" though their mechanism is through a "web proxy."]
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

oh I see, what ur saying now

or use your universal ip: 127.0.0.1 =) thats mine, and everyone elses.

or, go into dos: Start> run> "command"
    then, type in ipconfig /all
    or
    type in "netstat" at the command and it'll show you the ip address of your computer.

netstat is also very nice to have around especially when you expect you have been hacked =)
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.