Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Math problem...

System_Overload

Question Math problem...

I have nothing better to do with my time, so I make a simple Calculus math problem for you to figure out..... The first person to give me the right Solution will win a cookie.... Good luck....

System_0verload

A particle with a mass of 0.01 kg is moving along the x-axis. After t seconds the position of this particle is given (in meters) by the equation:

x(t)=1/48 t4 - 1/12 t3 - 15/8 t2+100

Using the time-interval [0,12] seconds:

1. At t = 0 the particle starts and moves backwards. What distance does it move backwards? (Answer rounded to two decimal places)

2. At what time will the velocity of the particle be identical to 5m/s? (Answer rounded to two decimal places)

3. What force is working on the particle when it is situated at x = 110 m? (Answer rounded to four decimal places)

4. What is the velocity of the particle at the moment that its acceleration is minimal? (Answer rounded to two decimal places)

NOTE: Use answers rounded to six decimal places in your calculations!!!

...havn't checked all of this out yet. But shouldn't this be in the "Cosmos" Forum? Just my two cents...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

System_Overload
    Your right... Im sorry next time I will post my math thread there....

System_0verload

i think it's 3,5478545
    (i'm not even close am i?)

hip hop rules

I charge 130 real U.S dollars to do someones homework j/k
    Really i hate calc.
    I toor\'d YOU!

System_Overload
    darkadon nope thats not it... *lol*

linuxcomando it's not my calculus homework. I did A.P. calculus back in high school, so I cant go any higher in calculus...

System_0verload

Aaaaa....

I think that I could do a such problem if I have details in french because it's only a problem of "derivate" (excuse me but I don't know the good term in english) with the classical x'=v and v'=a
    The only question I have is about this story of time interval of 0.12 seconds. Why a time interval of 0.12 seconds?

well, I hope a courageous person with a good knowledge of scientific terms in english will solve this little problem!
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

I would...I mean I really would love to...but I've had a very busy day and am very tired. Maybe I'll come back to it later and solve it if no one else has. by the way, you wouldn't mean a web cookie, would you?
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

System_Overload

Thumbs up

Thats cool I will post the answer tonight at 10.....

System_0verload

I'll be taking cal AP ab and cal AP bc next year in school, so let me get back to ya on this one.