Classifieds Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classifieds Forum

System_Overload

Classifieds Forum

Here is yet an other good suggestion....

I think AO needs a classifieds forum. How cool would it be to be able to buy and sell computer parts, programs, books, maybe even your old computer.... I for have like 30 computer programming books that I don't need anymore, and would love to sell them.... JP if you do like this suggestion, and you do make a classifieds forum. If it's ok with you I would like to be the forums Moderator..... I have been thinking about this idea for a while now I even made some rules for the forum...

***//Rules

1. Do not flame a thread because you feel the price is bad or for any reason.
    2. No auction style posts (take it to Ebay). This includes links to auctions on other sites.
    3. No COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING (In other words... no SPAMING!)
    4. ABSOLUTELY NO sales of firearms, drugs (or ANY controlled substances), or illegal copies of any software.

***//Before a Trade:

• Get the buyer/seller's real home address. Do not rely on a P.O. Box.
    • Get the buyer/seller's phone number and actually call that person.
    • Check to see if that phone number and address are listed at Big Yellow, Switchboard, or some other resource to make sure they match.
    • Reference the seller or buyer on http://heatware.elitehardware.com/ before you finalize the deal.
    • NEVER ship without some form of tracking number.
    • No PRICE CHECK posts allowed.

If for some reason a deal does go bad, here are a few things that you can do:

• If the item was shipped via the USPS, you can contact them and alert them to the possibility of mail fraud. The USPS Postal Inspectors page (http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/) provides some info on theft/fraud and includes a search engine to find your nearest Postal Inspection Service office.
    • Hire a private investigator that can get you detailed info on the person for $100 or less.
    • Contact your local authorities. They can assist you in getting in touch with federal authorities if you are dealing with an interstate (between states) transaction. Let this be a warning: If you scam, you will go to jail. However 99% of the time it is NOT a scam, just poor communication between the two parties. So before you begin the deal make sure you have a clear line of communication.

***All trades are done at your own risk. Antionline.com holds NO liability for any deals gone wrong or lost product/money.
    You must take all available precautions BEFORE you conduct a deal. Regardless of those precautions, you take the responsibility for your own actions during any transaction.
    The bottom line is this, DON’T COME TO US FOR BAD TRADES. THEY ARE 100% YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO HANDLE PROPERLY.

I hope you all like this suggestion have a nice day.....
    Happy 4/20

System_0verload
    Share on Google+

Truthfully, I think this is a spectacular idea. For real, I would love to see this implemented. I'd give ya greenies for your idea, but I can't. I have given way too many to you recently, and it won't let me. Therefore, if this thread is kept alive for a long while, I'll be glad to give you greenies for it.
    Share on Google+

System_Overload
    Thanks for you support jehnx... When I get back on the green side I will hook you up with some green dots.....

System_0verload
    Share on Google+

Great Idea. Nice to see you've worked your self out of those 2 red dots.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.
    Share on Google+

S_O nice idea
    Welcome back to the greenside
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....
    Share on Google+

I think your idea is a bit dodgy. You COULD make a classifieds forum to advertise what you want to buy/sell including details and maybe even picture of the items. But then there's many problems in doing so.

Rules:

2) [No auction style posts] - There will definately be somebody, if interested, asking for a lower price if they think your offer is not worth the amount (or they just don't have enough and trying to bargain for slightly cheaper deal)

Trade:

Will this be international or just in the USA? If somebody (me for example) wanted to buy your computer programming books?

You shouldn't post user's details on any forum (address, phone, etc) If somebody is interested they can post the questions in the forum so other readers will also know about the deal (instead of emailing you same questions).

If the buyer is seriously considering purchasing items from you, further action should be carried out via email. After securing the transaction (like you mentioned, getting the details, also phone the person to make sure it IS them, and using http://heatware.elitehardware.com/ or whatever it is) the buyer should send a down payment first. Then the seller should email the buyer about UPS details when they've sent the items. The buyer can check and confirm the items have been sent and then pay the remaining amount.

I think your idea is interesting. If it does go through it could be a great advantage for AO users. I hope everyone is sincere and trustworthy here. Good luck with this idea. I would consider buying stuff, especially if it's second hand, but then the seller shouldn't be greedy by selling at a high price. Maybe if it's in mint condition they can sell at 70-80% the original price. But if it's only in good condition to not so good then 40-60%. Ah well. Enough said (>_<)
    Share on Google+

System_Overload
    Wow would you look at that im green!!! (SWEET)

ikazuchi you bring you some good points. I just layed out the basic idea for a classifieds forum. Yes this fourm would be for all AO users even international members. International will just have to pay a bit more for shipping. As far as trusting people goes. I would use the antipoint system to judge the trust level of a person. Hmmm I just came up with an other idea to go along with the classifieds forum. We could make a selling point system like ebay has. This point system can be displayed under the antipoint dots.

Im done thinking for the day....

System_0verload
    Share on Google+

hehehe, very nice. All good ideas. You deserve maximum green points from me. But I can't give it out yet. I still need to make more posts.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Hmmm, Its a good idea but some people might abuse it (they might use the classifieds forum as a dating service) and if a trade goes wrong AO will be blamed, if anything the people who would participate have to fill out more information, maybe there should be some kind of registration system for the forum (credit card verification, address verification, etc.)
    But all in all it is a very good idea... I might even have RiOtEr mail me some of his stranger suggestions
    Share on Google+

Perhaps using something like PayPal or whatever to verify funds, etc. IIRC, it's a decent third party system that will let the buyer post the funds and have the third party hold them until the buyer confirms delivery or and "releases" the funds or the seller releases the funds back to the buyer?

Or am I just off in fantasy land or something? LOL
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"
    Share on Google+