Web site security
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web site security

Question Web site security

I have seen web sites that are able to show what is on my hard drive, how do they do this and how do i stop it happening again ?

Thanks
    Bishi

Most of the ones I have seen just use an IFRAME and open C:\

Basically, they use your browser to show you what's local to your system (in short, it's a scam / side-effect).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Easiest way is to disable java and active x scripting. In a nutshell. This also lets you use r click on sites that prevent it.

PS... They can't realy see what you have. It's only your browser showing you your local c: drive.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Banned
    they use this code in their <body> </body> tags:

Code:
    <iframe src="c:\">
    </iframe>
    as far as i know it has nothing to do with java or activex. they do this wit pure html.

Thanks for your time people,I really appreciate it.

Thanks again
    Bishi

Banned
    Hmmm, I have another cool thing

C:

You could also see your hard drive by doing a file:// link (file:///C:/)

Originally posted here by ac1dsp3ctrum
    Hmmm, I have another cool thing

C:

You could also see your hard drive by doing a file:// link (file:///C:/)
    Coolness. I like that one. This way and the frame method work great for the same trick. We have to remember though. Most of the fly by night web sites that do this run the old Java trick to do this. They download the script ready made and run it. Or they use the ActiveX version. Most of them use those out of the box web design kits from OfficeMax. They don't have the technical prof that you guys have. They're adult "k1DD135".........

This one is cool ac1dsp3ctrum.I'm going to use it in a batch file to freak out my mom. I'll chage her IE shortcut path to point to it. Then I'll tell her that someone hacked her when she opened IE. Heh, heh. I'll laugh my as*&$^# of when it happens.........................
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Banned
    Wow, I knew some people were evil, but I never knew that you people would hack your own mothers, LOL
    If you want I have a webpage around here thats Nasty Javascript tricks, One of them is that it opens up like 5000 C:/ windows forcing you to restart... Save the script into a local file and set it as homepage using file:///C:/path/to/script

Javascript is just evil and should be taken out and shot, IMO. Myself, I've written a few really annoying pages that make it apparent just why you should turn it off and forget about using it. (And, yeah, sites that depend on it suck - except this one, of course... LOL)
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Yes, i Seriously HATE javascript. It lags my computer like hell. Speaking of which does anyone know how to disable javascript on IE? cause i can't seem to find a way to disable it...
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.