Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really dumb newbie question..

Originally posted here by tyger_claw
    P2PApocalypse put it best....

Use Partition Magic to do your partitioning and then install with the boot disk of Linux.
    I agree.. he put it quite well...

Myself, I've never really "liked" Partition Magic (ok, I'm cheap... LOL) -- I just tend to use the Winblowz Fdisk or Fdisk32, and do it all "by hand." But, yes, PM should make it a lot easier.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

most important part here is to install win first...it needs the first bit of the hd to boot...anything else is there and you are sol...(this also goes for a dual 9x/2k system...2k is happy to install behind a 9x install...but not the other way round...)...i actually had a tri boot box here for a while.. (98/2k/RH) but i finally put RH on separate box...just coz i had a 333 celeron lyin around...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

I remember a long while ago I actually had an NT, Winblows and a BSD box altogether on one system... each sitting on its own drive on a SCSI chain. I could then use the Adaptec SCSI BIOS and effectively tell it which one to boot as it was coming up... worked pretty well for a while.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"