Some questions on decompiling

Thread: Some questions on decompiling

Red face Some questions on decompiling

ok I'm tired and I'm already here at AO so to be honest I have not done a google, so I'm sorry in advance for ummm any stupidty that comes from these questions. any way here it goes.

1. Is it moral to decompile a program such as kazza to rid of it of spyware or to take out useless features?

2.If I wanted to decompile something, of couse u would have to know what lanuage it was written in so how do you find that out (if the site/app does not tell you).

3.How many WPM can ya type? j/w

well thats about. I can forsee possible flames for these things though....
    1.didn't search google
    2.didn't search past post's
    3.just being me

also thanks for any help in advanced
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Banned
    http://protools.cjb.net/ have a look their they have a lot of valuable tools
    RiOtEr

>>1. Is it moral to decompile a program such as kazza to rid of it of spyware or to take out useless features? <<

Now, think of it in this way - "Would you like others to do the same to your programs"

>>2.If I wanted to decompile something, of couse u would have to know what lanuage it was written in so how do you find that out (if the site/app does not tell you). <<

sometimes if you open an exe file in a text-editor you can get hints from that - you can see some function names,dir name - BUT ive tried this only on small progrs not large apps

3.How many WPM can ya type? j/w

i suck at typing. i took 10 min to this plus i do a lot of typos

just my 2 cents

lol thanks for the link, RiOtEr. and ur 2 cents ihsir...i have alot typos to
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Banned
    RiOtEr: Im saddend by the fact that your not choosing my (longer) FAQ for your signature

Banned
    don't be offended acidspectrum, maybe he was actually thinking of others and decided to make his sign not "too" long for our sake *joke*

Banned
    don't be offended acidspectrum, maybe he was actually thinking of others and decided to make his sign not "too" long for our sake *joke*

talking about signs, I've always loved yours acid..... it's so true.....