"Hackers" or "Crackers"? Are they legal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Hackers" or "Crackers"? Are they legal?

"Hackers" or "Crackers"? Are they legal?

Well guys this is the biggest mistake (misunderstanding) of the human:"Cracker=Hacker", so "Hacker=Cracker". People who don't have much experience on computers and internet, think the same thing ("Cracker=Hacker", so "Hacker=Cracker"). Whose fault is it that makes the opinion of that people wrong? The answer is: THE MEDIA. Let's analyze this happening, on the following posts.

Banned
    If 'Cracker = Hacker', then 'Hacker = Cracker'... that's simple logic.

If that'd be 'the biggest mistake of the human', mankind isn't as bad as they say...

Negative, if [(Cracker=Hacker and Hacker=Cracker)=1] then from a thread i've made, which says that the hacking is legal on Argentina then from 1 the cracking will be also legal on that cracking.

Originally posted here by Negative
    If 'Cracker = Hacker', then 'Hacker = Cracker'... that's simple logic.

If that'd be 'the biggest mistake of the human', mankind isn't as bad as they say...
    In other words, "If all dogs are animals, then all animals are dogs", eh?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Banned
    Originally posted by Rcgreen
    In other words, "If all dogs are animals, then all animals are dogs", eh?
    I said If 'Cracker = Hacker', then 'Hacker = Cracker', not If all crackers are hackers, then all hackers are crackers...

There's a difference between being equal (=), and being part of (all a are b)... As I said: simple logic.

If a = b, then b = a is a logically correct statement; If all a's are b, then all b's are a isn't...

Yeah, excatly that. So the hacker who was on Argentina, will be on the jail for the same years. That's not fair.

Originally posted here by Negative

I said If 'Cracker = Hacker', then 'Hacker = Cracker', not If all crackers are hackers, then all hackers are crackers...

There's a difference between being equal (=), and being part of (all a are b)... As I said: simple logic.

If a = b, then b = a is a logically correct statement; If all a's are b, then all b's are a isn't...
    Yeah, as Maths, i've made a mistake. I wanted to say all hackers and all crackers. sorry. Thanks Negative you make this notice.

Thumbs up

Anyway, the general public doesn't even
    use the term "cracker" except as a synonym
    for "biscuit", so I think it's a waste of time
    trying to teach them the distinction between
    hacker and cracker.

No matter how you try, people will use language
    that seems to make sense to them. Anyone who
    seems obsessed with computers is a hacker,
    but not all hackers are "illegal" hackers.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

You've just said a big truth rcgreen.

I've noticed this even at AntiOnline where we know better. I've noticed people using "hacker" when describing someone committing computer crime. I guess it's just come to be a generic term. Maybe it is too engrained in public usage now to change? And I think the word "Hacker" just sounds better than "Cracker." What about that movie they made? Would you go to see a movie called "Crackers"?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)