Thread: User Tends to receive AP bar??

User Tends to receive AP bar??

I was looking at the AP bar today, and I came up with the idea of a 'User Tends to Receive' AP bar. This would be a much better indicator than the dots, and would also conform more to the way the rest of the site looks. It'll also give a really quick look at HOW bad/good this person is considered by AOers.

Just an idea.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Re: User Tends to receive AP bar??

Originally posted here by chsh
    It'll also give a really quick look at HOW bad/good this person is considered by AOers.
    Call me stupid, but I kinda thought that's what the AP's were for in the first place... No matter how they're represented, they still get that idea across. Personally, I like the little green circle-boxes. Interesting idea though.

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Hi mom!
    The idea is not bad, but I prefer the boxes too...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Banned
    I think its a good idea, Underneath the User tends to assign put a User tends to recieve bar... Good one!

except you already know what they tend to get... if they tend to get negative... they will have red squares.... if they get more green they will have green... if it is in the middle they will have a middle amount of dot....
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

The problem is that a bar shows a SPECTRUM, whereas the amount of APs someone had is a finite quantity... When I was making the 'tends to assign' and 'post assigned' bars, I considered a AP replacement, but except for minor color issues, I think the current ones aren't too bad. (There are actually two colors of green and two of red, but it can be hard to distinguish. The first five green dots are darker than the remaining amount, because they are worth 100pts or so, instead of 200.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    Greetings All:

Thanks for the suggestion chsh, but I like the little dot system =)

I went ahead and took Terr's suggestion, and made the color distinction more obvious.

thanks again all, thread closed.