Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2600 Mag

Post 2600 Mag

Hey.. I'm sorta of a new hackers..and my friend told me about 2600 magazine. When ever I goto the stores to buy it, its never there.. Can somone please give me a link to a 2600 eZine. Thanks alot.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

Try here. You can get it on subscription if need be. Not all stores carry it.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    2600 doesn't have an ezine. They do have a website though. A lot of stores will not carry it, because of the content. Barnes and Noble normally does though. Also, a lot of the small stores do also. Or you can just get a subscription.

Then again, do you really want to do that. I believe it was part of some legislation a few years back, that all subscribers info must be turned over to the government. So you would be telling the government exactly where you are. Oh wait, never mind. You registed for an account on here and asked about hacking home computers. Your already to late, because the router logs show exactly where you came from, unless you know how to use a proxy. And if you read the mission statement, you will see where you went wrong....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

2600 mag, IMO, is a really well-written magazine, and one-of-a-kind. I go to 2600 meetings every month to meet with people, and I've really learned a lot about security, computers, internet, etc just from listening to those people talk about how they "hax0red" systems and all. There's usually a group like that at the meetings, then a group who listen to them and learn how to defend themselves, then about three cops just sitting there watching everything. Anyways, as souleman said, there is no ezine. Pay the 5 bucks. Also, besides Barnes and Noble, many other places hold the mag including Books-A-Million, B Dalton, etc. Just go out and look a bit.

And DON'T STEAL THE MAG!! BUY IT!!

DON'T STEAL THE MAG!! BUY IT!!
    Good point. The company already has enough troubles with money. Especially with all their legal cases.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

Banned
    hehe wow completly different story to australia u guys respect 2600 hehe i think every one hates 2600 in australia although i goto the meetings sometimes but dogcow is a media whore and this has lead to 2600 being one of the most hated au underground establisnment that and infosurge but infosurge cuase of personal reasons hehe
    so in closing in australia 2600 is full of script kiddies
    RiOtEr

so in closing in australia 2600 is full of script kiddies
    Really? I...don't think so.
    BTW, where could you find it in australia? Would you have to buy an american edition or australian edition?
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

Banned
    hehe goto their irc channel ull see what im talking about
    im not to sure if their is a aus mag and u would have to import the american version i would assume
    hehe
    dogcow is still a media whore
    RiOtEr

Whats a dogcow? Never heard of him. He doesn't work for the magazine as far as I know, and probably just thinks he is the ****. The mag is pretty good though.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

Banned
    soulman hes the guy who started 2600 in australia and he let it get to his head.
    RiOtEr