Possible ways to get onto a PC?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible ways to get onto a PC?

Possible ways to get onto a PC?

I have herd of many ways. Lets just assume you know my IP and nothing else. You want to get on, not just to crash it. I do not run ports such as net bios. Is it possible at all to get on with so little information?

*tut tut tut* Bad question.
    Is it your computer. Because if it is, why don't you just use a remote administration tool? If it isn't your's, don't bother doing it at all.

Banned
    i can walk into your house and stand on it.
    [thats how i get onto it without netbios].

Re: Possible ways to get onto a PC?

Originally posted here by joe_white11
    I have herd of many ways. Lets just assume you know my IP and nothing else. You want to get on, not just to crash it. I do not run ports such as net bios. Is it possible at all to get on with so little information?
    With such little information, I think it can only be dignified with a "Yes." And the simple reason... if you're protecting against someone bound and determined enough and with adequate knowledge, they'll get in...

...and equally ethereal answer, I know...
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Re: Possible ways to get onto a PC?

Originally posted here by joe_white11
    With such little information, I think it can only be dignified with a "Yes." And the simple reason... if you're protecting against someone bound and determined enough and with adequate knowledge, they'll get in...

...an equally ethereal answer, I know...
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

DOH! I hate it when that happens... to quote linuxcommando, I think. LOL

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    umm, nice double post draziw.

The answer joe, is yes, it is possible. Because it doesn't take much information. Everything else can be found out. Someone doesn't even to know what OS you are running. Can use nmap or something to figure that out. In other words, if you are connected to the internet, you are vulnerable.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    The answer is, yes. For one thing, mostly all ya need is Ip/Host or DNS info. Second their are thousands of exploits to use such as my favorite, Telnet.

Yes

I was under the wrong impression that to break into someone you needed them to be running a service on one of their ports other than local ones. If I put a software firewall up could they still exploit it even if they did not know what ports to use?

yeah it just makes it harder, there is always someway around it.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,