Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MS-DOS Commands

Thumbs up

cheers thats really useful
    shame I didnt have them (commands) a couple of weeks ago wen my comp was killed by another blo0dy w32. virus and I really wanted to back my work up to floppy!

But still... will probably help in the future!
    (-8 Knowledge IS Power 8-)

Developer Extraordinar
    Hehehe, Brings me back... Just wondering why is this post Very Negitive???!!! Good post!!

ne 1 know where u can get like an upgrade for dos 6.22? coz some of these commands dont work on it and u need like win98 to use some of them
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

Good collection. Dosshell was not incorporated in Ver 6.0. A nice flashback to 93 as said by cwk
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=210 ۯ

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity. Dennis Ritchie.

I'm gonna be a little nit-picky here but for those that asked about net, netstat, nslookup, etc..., They are all external dos commands, ac1d was listing the internal dos commands. Internal dos commands can be used on any dos machine, dependent on version of course. The list that ac1d has created looks to be for winnt, win2k or winxp. Win95 and Win98 didnt contain most of the commands and any dos version before 6 have different internal commands that vary depending on version. Sorry to show my nerdy side but I wanted to point this out to dispel any confusion that some people may have and to make sure people dont get the wrong idea about ac1dsp3ctrum's technical abilities by thinking he didnt list all dos commands. as for flashbacks, who remembers using desk.exe running off of 5 1/4 floppies? or for that fact, who remembers having to type in line after line of code from magazines just to play tic-tac-toe! hehe Enough nostalgia for now!
    May Everyone Find the Happiness That They Deserve,
    Raisor

net stat, nslookup etc.. are native win2k commands. If the command is available on a fresh load of the OS without installing any other support packages it is a native command. DOS commands that become available when installing other packages would be things like RCMD or shutdown.