Thread: Monitoring an installion?

Monitoring an installion?

Are there any programs around that track everything an installion program does, like all the registry entries created and modified, VXDs, all that stuff? Please help, I'd like to keep an eye on all my installions. The only thing that I've really done before to do this is for simple installions that have an .inf or .ini file.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Windows usually creates multiple logs during the install putting down everything from the errors encountered, to the steps taken, to the com classes installed. Read the manual (or go grab an mcse study guide) to find out the names of the files for the version of windows you're dealing with.

Also you can do a search for *.log you then just need to look up what the log file represents (which you can find on microsofts site or google).
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Thanks for the info, but I was looking more for a program that ran during the installion and showed you exactly what it was doing. I was going to use this to weedout spyware and other nasty things.

What you´re looking for is inctrl 5.0.. a usefull and easy to use program that logs everything and give you the control you need..

You can find it at downlad.com and it´s free
    Say hello to the Sun Yeeah!!

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!