Thread: System Startup Lockout/Password

Question System Startup Lockout/Password

Hi, I have 2 PCs and 3 laptops. On all of them except for one, and on all computers that I have dealt with outside of my home, I/someone am able to open the BIOS setup and apply a password. Normally you can go into the advanced options and tell it weather you want the password to apply to just the BIOS setup or if you want it to applyto the system startup as well. In the second case when your computer starts up it will detect your RAM, detect your drives connected through IDE, and then before it changes the screen you have to enter a password before it will go on. Some BIOS will even shut your system down after 3 or so wrong passwords and lock you out for 5 minutes or so. The problem that I am having is on my first laptop. It is a Toshiba Satellite 2105CDS. It's BIOS setup does not have the option to password-protect your system startup. Is there any way that I can do this with some other program? I have the newest version of my BIOS. My e-mail is denverroot2000@charter.net
    Thanks a lot!

Hmm. Does it have an option to password-protect the BIOS configuration, if not the actual startup?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    I was going to suggest the same exact thing lmfao :")

...and, not to completely ruin anyone's day, but the BIOS password, again, is to keep honest people, honest. Most manfucaturers have started putting in "master" passwords to allow people to bypass anything that someone put on the BIOS and, well, with pysical access to a machine it's a pretty easy thing to bypass, anyway.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Yah try to crack an ibm harddrive password though........
    I toor\'d YOU!