answer of this one.

Question 2:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and your
    vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading
    candidates:

Candidate A:
    Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with
    astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain
    smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B:
    He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon,
    used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey
    every evening.

Candidate C:
    He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't
    smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any
    extramarital affairs.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Decide first, no peeking, then see down for the answer.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Candidate B is Winston Churchill
    Candidate C is Adolph Hitler

And by the way, the answer to the abortion question:
    If you said yes, you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before
    judging someone. Remember amateurs built the ark -
    professionals built the Titanic.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Only God has all the facts, so that means we shouldn't take our own judgements (or those that others make of us) too seriously.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Interesting post. But I would pick C again and again because the odds are that most wholesome candidates won't turn into Hitler.

And abortion? I'm not going to comment on that. It's much too confusing of an issue.
    Why am I still here?

Preacherman, if God knows all the facts, there is no room for Free Will.

If God knows all the knowable facts, God cannot predict the future, and hense, wouldn't have known until we did that Hitler was a bad bad man.

One cannot make predictions for the future from past events. Just because you saw the sun rise today, does not mean that you will see it rise tomorrow.

Who is to say that, if that women had an abortion, Beethoven still wouldn't have been born?
    We can't. It didn't happen that way, so we have no ability to say it.

I personally would have picked candidate B.
    For no other reason than that I cannot throw the first stone.

The probability that C would turn into hitler if you picked it again and again is just as likely as it was the first time. Just because the odds are against it, doesn't mean that you won't get snake-eyes 40,000 times in a row.

dhej

actully guys ... from the real life ... i'll tell u the answers.

Q2: the normal person would chose C, coz' the CV of both A & B , woun't Qualified them .

Q1: most of doctors would say .... sorry ur history gives u 99.9999% to have a handicapped or disabled birth.

so in all cases we would get Hitler and would never listened to the Symphonies of Beethoven ....

Dehj: thanks for the greenies ... but sorry to tell you that .... yes , god knows everything ... and he knows exactly what we ganna do ... but there's a free will ... """ how ? """

u'll do what ever u want to do in ur life .... but god knows what u'll do .... that's why god knows everything !

hope u got the point ..
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix

god doesent rule your life, you rle it, god, if you believe in one powerfull being like that, is a guide to help you with YOUR decisions, thats your free will

(no im not some god loving fool, i actually despise all religion... but i understand it)
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

well …. U r right about one thing … god don’t rule ur life …. On the other hand … god knows what u r doing and what u’ll be doing …. But .. u’ll have the choice to do what ever u want to do …. Although , he knows what u’ll be doing ….

Man .. I have one comment … nothing personal .. or heart feelings …. But I don’t see that u understand religion in the right way … coz’ if u do … then u’ll respect all religion instead of despising them ….

I think you can look at this from another point of view. Nature Vs Nurture. This theory in sort tries to argue that it not just genetics but other factors as well the environment that determines the destiny of an individual, i.e. homosexuality, is there a genetic base, if so if you have the genetic base does that mean you will be homosexual or just have a preference to homosexuality there might be environmental factors that the gene make you be more influenced by in so developing your sexuality into homosexuality or is there no such gene in so its only environment that effects sexuality, this is an example. Perhaps on the stats given the conclusion would be as stated in the post but there is no possible way to know if the influence either political l((i.e. question 2)) or of the home ((question 1)). Now if you take question one but apply the chaos theory on top of the nature verse Nurture you come to the conclusion that neither answer would necessary lead to Beethoven same with the second, to illustrate this a man runs over a child causing fatal injuries, is that good or bad? Your initial reaction would be that is a bad thing, but if that child had a predetermined destiny to create a virus that will wipe out all man kind then sourly the death of the childe is a good thing, vice versa if the child was destined to create a drug that cured mankind of all plagues of the body then the action of his death is a great travesty, what I’m saying is that may questions can be phased to make a general population answer a specific way, until all factors are considered instead of the snippet of bias information you cant make an informed decision on them, but then again can you ever know ALL the factors?

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

Dehj: thanks for the greenies ... but sorry to tell you that .... yes , god knows everything ... and he knows exactly what we ganna do ... but there's a free will ... """ how ? """

u'll do what ever u want to do in ur life .... but god knows what u'll do .... that's why god knows everything !
    I have not assigned AntiPoints since 03-28-2002 08:29 PM. I find it odd that someone would give greenies under my name...

You can talk about God and your adapted Platonic or Aristotilian metaphysical system that hide under the covers of your religion.

But philosophically speaking, metaphysics is bullshit. You can build what ever you want in you metaphysical system, and if it encompasses every single possible situation to come, GREAT. You are completely and totally justified in your beliefs, particularly if they help you to lead a good life.

But, to me, you are speaking nonsense.

We will never know if God exists so long as we are in this Universe. We can only talk about things within our universe. God isn't in this Universe. We have no possible way to know him. Talking about him is like betting on where a cow will crap. Sure it is possible that God exists, it may even be probably (if you like the teleological proof for his existance), but as we cannot ever know, then it is rediculous to talk about Him so fricking much.

The existance of God does not change my life in the least. I would be who I am no matter the case. I don't act kindly to others because some God told me to, I do it because I respect life.

If you are souly motivated in your actions, motivated to get into heaven or get into God's light, then you are acting in the most disgustingly selfish manner. "I want eternal salvation." No, be nice, act according to your convictions, and worry about that crap later.

Bah, this argument will continually go in a loop. Because, it is based in a logically complete metaphysical system (tautology) and will remain valid no matter how hard we try to crack its walls (depending of course on the knowledge of both people in logic). The thing is, that just because a argument is necessarily valid, does not mean that it is sound.

You will not convince me contrary to my beliefs, and I will not convince you.

So, I go now, for coffee.

dhej

i think that the thing is... we fail to think about question 2 properly. yes hitler was an evil man. But Hitler was one of the best leaders of all time. he had the masses following him willingly to do his evil deeds. he was virtually unstoppable for a while. and odds are that you wouldn't get a hitler that often. besides you didn't list other things about hitler... not giving the whole truth . hitler's father was murdered when he was 12. hitler was imprisoned at an early age, at which time he wrote mien kumpf, which was not publisjed till he was in office. his prison term alone would make you think more. but hitler was still a brilliant man. he doesn't get credit for this fact often because he misused his brilliance. maybe the fact that he didn't drink shows more about how intelligent he was (when you don't drink you remain in sound mind. ) so now matter how evil he was, he was smart and a very talented leader.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda