AO Suggested Reading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Suggested Reading

AO Suggested Reading

I think it would be a terrific feature of AO to have a suggested reading list in which we could nominate a book giving a brief description of it and why it should make it into the list, and then voting on the book will last for say maybe 3 or 4 days, and if it gets more than a 50% vote, then it makes it in. Once a book is in, we can write reviews on it, and rate it on a scale from 1-10. Also, if this is implemented, there should be several different sections, such as *nix, Physical Security, Network Security, Microsoft Security, Cosmos, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery, I think that about covers all of my ideas…

What do you all think?
    Gotta go for now-I'll be back later to type some more suggestions :P
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

Sounds like a great idea to me.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

very good one.

With all the it books floating around I could use some suggestions

If you tell me Curiosity Killed the cat,
    Then I say he died a noble death.

Hi mom!
    Sounds good to me
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Gee...what is the Product / Book Reviews forum for? http://www.antionline.com/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=18

Maybe if people actually used this for books (there are only a couple in there) it might be worth a suggested reading list, but the way it is now, I don't think it is worth the time.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Hi mom!
    err...

<check>

... we actually have a Book Review forum ... damn ...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

yeah we have a book forum but would be nice to have a book poll to show the readers votes on the books reviewed. say top 10 showing.
    ForeverLearning

derrrr
    I didn't know abou that forum :P anyways, I still think it'd be a good idea this way we could vote on them and such.....
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

Banned
    Dammit Souleman, I was going to say that.....

Also, besides posting a suggested reading, I myself, have made the book (ebook) available to download in that forum

Now that's suggested reading with the medium!