how many antipoints assigned?

Thread: how many antipoints assigned?

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

how many antipoints assigned?

Ok, a week or two ago, someone posted about doing a test to find out how many antipoints someone assigned. Well, I am having a brain fart and there are soooo many antipoint threads, I just cant find it now so...

Anyway, they said that you gave out 2x the number of green dots you had. Well, I just checked, and I gave out 26 points. I obviously only have 10 greenies right now. I also have 1486 antipoints, so it isn't 2x the first number of points/100 either. Maybe it has something to do with the number of antipoints you have given out also, because I have given out more then 1400 antipoints. Or maybe it has something to do with the shiny green dots?

Thats another thing. Wasn't it supposed to be a green dot for every 100 antipoints? Well, that would mean that I should be at 13 to 14 dots, so I should have the 11 dot maximum. Unless the number has increased per dot, or the shineys take 150 each or something. Just cuirous.

Thats leads to the one other thing I found out. Sometimes you get the "spread your antipoints out more" message. Well, I had to do 5 people before I could reassign antipoints. So after you give someone points, you have to give them to 5 more people before you can assign them to that person again...

Umm, well, now I got the 11th dot. I think it showed up at 1500 points. Anyway, when I was testing, it was still at the 10th dot.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Hehe, it was me and Ac1d who performed experiments, and it worked for us (the algorithm). Oh well, guess we were wrong. :-/

I have the answer you are looking for Souleman. It means you spend waaaaaaaay too much time here at AO, like me.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    souleman... On the contrary... You have 11 dots (which is why you edited the post) and its 100 points for the first 5 dots and 200 for each dot after that... So I think me and jehnx were right in our advanced calculations

ac1d> Not quite, yeah, it would be 100 and 200. I still only had 10 dots when I ran the test. Also, even if I did have 11 dots, 11 * 2 = 22, and I gave out 26. So your math still wasn't quite right. Well, maybe it was right for you and jehnx, but there must be another variable. Based on number of antipoints given (+1 per 500 points given or something) or number of posts, although you have way more then me, and jehnx way less. I thought it might be based on percent +/-, but we are all pretty close...

Then again, maybe JP changed the formula, just to make us waste more time trying to figure out the new formula.

Oh yeah, I was awarded 36 points by someone else (which put me over 1500) and that is another person with 11 dots.... And no, it wasn't for my posts in this thread.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I wasn't just experimenting with one person. I figured out the number of assignments between a single user by putting the name of the person I was assigning points to in a few cases. Also, now that the antipoints center has the total number of points assigned, I just used that to figure out how many points I was giving out on one assignment.

I just don't want anyone accusing me of assigning points back and fourth with one person, just to do this test. It has taken me a few days before (on the assignment part) to actually get it figured out, because I was having a hard time finding people that would post something good and still get the "spread out antipoints" message, because there was always at least 5 people between attempts....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

I am not at all getting these antipoint things. =(

some day i will.
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.