Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck with an .iso file

Stuck with an .iso file

Ok so heres my problem, I have redhat 7.2 is an .iso file on cd at home. I downloaded it from an ftp site. I would like to install redhat on my laptop. How do I do it?? I have an iso reader but that hasn't done me any good but waste blank CD's. Anyone got any ideas??

Uhm... you've tried CD-burning software, right? You don't burn the ISO as a file, you take the ISO and that describes a whole lot of files that go on the disk. Think of ISO as a (very misleading analogy, but I'll use it) .zip file. The only thing is, you have to unzip it as it is burned to a disk. Just having a disk containing the file .iso isn't gonna work.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Just got my account activated.

Yeah, Terr is right, it is an image. From any CD burner software you can select create CD from image. It will (extract) the image and put it on the disk.

great thanks I'll try that when I get home
    thinking........

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I prefer to use nero to burn my iso's. I've never waisted a cd yet.

attached is a program called IsoBuster . It "extracts" the iso so that you don't have to burn it on a cd, but if you want to burn it on a cd you can just create a cd with the extracted files.
    Have Fun,
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]

Banned
    Bongus, I've told you about using both Nero and Adaptec to read your .ISO file.

When you tried the ISO reader, it didn't have an "extract" option? Give the above proggy a try..... thanks to xpacisnotcool

hmmm. tyger if you actually used the program, u would know that if you right click on a file , or selct many files you get an option called Extract File(s) . [shadow]So NEXT time you post make sure you KNOW what your talking about!!!![/shadow]
    XPaCiScOoL

Banned
    Uhm... might want to re-read my post...

I said to bongus not I who used the ISO proggy he got if it had the option..... then thanked you for the proggy if he needed it.....

might want to put that fire out....

thanks to xpacisnotcool
    I waz a lil confused by that, thats why i thought u were insulting me!
    XPaCiScOoL