When spyware detection gets targeted

Thread: When spyware detection gets targeted

When spyware detection gets targeted

Newsbytes is reporting on spyware that is targetting anti-spyware:

Anti-Spyware Program Targeted By Multimedia Player

installing RadLight version 3.03 deletes Lavasoft's Ad-Aware program
    What's next? Software on your computer starting deletion wars?

"To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

yea... and later the programs are gonna be on the Jerry Springer show ranting at each other...

it's sick... but I don't think we have to worry... who wanna buy RadLight v3.03 if they know what it does? not many... by using these techniques the software firms destroy their own reputations... just let them fight each other for a while and at the end only the "honest" ones will be left... I hope
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Yes, it sounds like "Spy" vs "CounterSpy." I think the dirty tricks are hitting an all time low when software is programmed to delete other software. The article didn't mentioned what kind of spyware RadLight installs. It must be installing some kind of spyware if they're wanting to get rid of Ad-Aware. Wonder what it is?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Ad-aware was not removed when I installed radlight.
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.