Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: changing network passwords for windows 98

changing network passwords for windows 98

At school,using Windows 98 (Yuck), it is set up so that we can use our same username and password on any computer in the lab/school and I'm wondering how you could, change/bypass a password in effect to the entire network instead of just that computer.
    Or how to give yourself admin. powers without already having them.....but thats another story
    Nothing is illegal until your caught.
    Don\'t look at me in that tone of voice!
    Today is the tommorow you worried about yesterday.

Well, all I will generally say is that, in Win9x, the password stuff is a complete after-thought. Saying anything more might be construed as "useful information" however.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

I believe that this site does not promote this type of behaviour. So ask something meaningful or go away.
    thinking........

You want to know how to "hack" windows 98
    well today is you lucky day im going to give a step by step guide as to how to do it.
    First find an ftp site and download the latest redhat iso image. burn this to a cd. Take the cd to school and boot from the cd. If you have to change the bios password unplug the computer open the case if you must pick the lock if there is on or a hammer works. Then take out the little silver quarter looking thing....then put back. This will clear the bios password. Now when you put the coumputer all back together and turn it on then hit the delete or f2 key depending on the system......then modify the boot setting so that it boots from the cdrom first.
    Now put the redhat cd in the cdrom and close the cdrom. It will boot press custom instilation and then click fdisk and kill the fat32 partion and make a ext2 or ext3 file system
    then pick the install settings and then wait for it to format and install. and then pick root password and set up the network settings......after that you will be able to bypass that windows security stuff......oh....and prepare to be expelled.
    I toor\'d YOU!

riiiiiight....now is there away to do that with out disassembling anything?

It was a long and nice way to tell you to RTFM.
    I toor\'d YOU!

lmao linuxcomando

to be truthful, win98 on a school network isn't even worth the time and effort, though it wouldn't take much....

Pyrohotdog here is a link were we send all the script kidz who want to hack into there school computers.
    http://www.geeksarecool.com/special.php
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

eek. everyone will become mad at me. lol, naw thas a joke. =)

i don't mind that. sendin me traffic and all.. lol! =) hope you script kiddies enjoy those beautiful lyrics
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.

lmao linuxcomando

Yeah, Windows 98 sucks, Windows SUCKS ALTOGETHER. But, hey help a guy out....I'm not gunna destroy anything! its for learning purposes! btw i have seen the f*** you link a gazzilion times (not always aimed at me though )

even if i dont get any answers from you guys its fun to see your replys!