New World Protocol.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New World Protocol.....

Banned

Cool New World Protocol.....

I just wanted to add, that coming soon, my site, which is being worked on called NewWorldProtocol, will soon have a WarGames Section. We will have three servers for the public to legally hack and will have lots of cool rootwars and contests with it. I wanted to ask everyone at AO which three OS's should I have. I need some feedback because I would like some people from AO to also participate. Please reply to this with the OS's you suggest . Also I can already say that the OS's will be different. We want to try to have a M$, a *nix, and a Mac formatted OS. Thank you and Please pm me for more information on the War3 Project. Thank you!

Banned
    Hmm, Seeing as I want to have a huge advantage... Get RedHat 7.3BETA Windows 95 (first edition and MacOS 5.0

Hmmm, Try Windows 2000 Server (if you dont have server ill send you a patch ) Any flavor of Linux (RedHat, Mandrake, BSD), and I dont know much about Mac

Banned
    Intresting, I was definitely thinking Windows 2000. I also wanted to know if there was anyone who wanted to help me with the project? Anyone who wanted to help with website, servers, support, or anything at all? Thank you and Please keep posting what OS's ya want.

You should try putting up some obscure OS that no one has ever herd of. Just for kicks.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

Banned
    JRoc, if you need help with the site, pm me, I'll give ya a hand!

I can give you hand with the site JRoc PM me if you want it. And I choose Win NT 4.0 or Win ME.
    thinking........

Banned
    Okay, well after thinking about it I wanted to ask Bongus and TygerClaw if you would want to become staff members for the site as well? Also I will need help with the site. I will be in contact with both of you soon and we will work it out. More than likely we will Windows 2000 server as one of them. Please email me and if you have msn pm me with your addy.

Antionline Herpetologist
    I'd like to help too. I could help with the setup of the Win2k Advanced Server. For the UNIX I'd go with FreeBSD and probably Mac OS X for the Mac. On the other hand, maybe Red Hat Linux 7.2/7.3 would be a better choice for the UNIX box coz OS X is practically BSD. PM me if you need any help.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

I would like to help too. You said something about the website? I could make or help you make the website. Or with graphics etc. PM me if your interested.
    BTW i would recommend at least two extreme boxes. What i mean by that is have one totally unsecure easy to break in box (windows ME) and one totally secure box all set up nicely (BSD or linux based). This way it would have kind of 'levels' for people.
    Cheers!
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

Banned
    Okay, Right now I'm beginning to think project is getting bigger than I thought. If ANYONE would like to become a staff member for the NWP, please PM me with your nickname and position you want. There are mainly two sections you can apply for: WebSite | WarGame. You can either help with website or help with the wargame! Please pm me too become a staff member. Also pm me if you can donate boxes or hard drives or ANYTHING to help with the project. Also, I will be considering Morfius's idea for levels. At the start of the project, we will only have two servers to hack. We will then work are way to (hopefully) five. Thank you and PM me for more details.