Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAA website hacked

FAA website hacked

The FAA confirmed that their website got hacked this week:

SecurityFocus: FAA Confirms Hack Attack

Security is really a never-ending task.

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

Banned
    Wow, This sucks.... Especially after Sept.11 and the jets... Hmmm, I wonder if these are the Chineese hackers mentioned in the other post

Wow, This sucks.... Especially after Sept.11 and the jets... Hmmm, I wonder if these are the Chineese hackers mentioned in the other post

I agree that does suck. It probably is the same people mentioned in the other post. Thanks for the link!

Hmmm i don't think this hack came from china

"This situation proves that we are all still vulnerable even after 9/11," the DeceptiveDuo posted on its defacement. "Tighten the security before a foreign attack forces you to. At a time like this, we cannot risk the possibility of compromise by a foreign enemy," the Web page statement read.
    This is what we can read in this article but it seem's that the group is actually brazilian!!! go figure!

Banned
    I think it is the Chinese people. Us Americans need to bann together to fight this ****.

It is probably a kid thinking that hacking all important sites in the world is cool.
    I think 90% of hacking is in this situation!
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

The FAA said Thursday that they'd reported the Deceptive Duo's intrusion. "We've asked the FBI to prosecute if they catch the people," said Takemoto.
    WTF! ! ! Thats just wrong. Im sure the hackers left backups of the files in a different folder. Thats what you get for helping our Nation to better its security! U get thrown in jail if you get caught. These guys should be given medals or something. I have to say, I disagree with the website defacement. . . that was wrong. . . but still. . . . if they didn't degface the site & still alerted the Admins about the problem. . . they still would have been thrown in jail. Dont you think?

"We are two individuals who risk our future and our lives to help the Nation in such a vulnerable time," the Duo wrote. "Somebody has to do it, if we don't, a terrorist might."
    I got one word to say. . . . . w00000000000000000t! ! ! heh. I hope they find a better way of fulfilling their mission without the website defacements though. If a local hacker can access this stuff . . . . what happens when a terrorist hacks in & gets ahold of it? This is a sad day we live in.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Thanks, nice information. Also, it prolly is a lil 1337 kid, showing off. or something, ya know?

*sighs*
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.

Originally posted here by DeadCr0w
    Hmmm i don't think this hack came from china

This is what we can read in this article but it seem's that the group is actually brazilian!!! go figure!
    Got to look out for Americas arch enemy, Brazil. lol

Chinese...Brazilian....The nationality doesn't matter. A hack is a hack is a hack....Lets find these guys and show 'em a thing or two.
    [glowpurple]With our torn and bleeding hearts, we smile and mouth with myriad subleties.

-- We Wear The Mask
    [/glowpurple]