View Poll Results: Are You Obsessed with JP?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Love JP in every way

6 17.65%
  • I can think for myself

28 82.35%

Thread: The Cage

The Cage

The Cage is a book about how Ruth Sender (this is her English name) survives through MANY difficult trials during the WWII holocaust in. She lived in Poland with her large Jewish family in Lodz, Poland. Riva (Ruth's Yiddish name) strengthens her bond with her brothers and friends, but ends up losing everything that she owns. I highly recommend this book, which allows you to see how even her closest family friends turned their backs on her family and Riva.
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    See, now you got your poll Next time though, make it a scale of 1 to 5, with an option for "never read it" That way, people who haven't read the book can still see the results of the poll.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

hehe...didn't think of 'no-read'....and I thought of 1-5, but I wanted more options for it :P maybe I should've maybe I shouldn't have, but its done :P
    I just thought of this-hey Mr. Mod that reads this first-could you edit the poll and add a didn't read option?
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

Sounds like Diary of Anne Frank.

And no I haven't read it (The Cage)
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

I am reading a book at the moment, for Fuhrer and Fatherland and it is really interesting. I'll try and find a link to it on Google.