Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 800 UDP port probes and counting

Exclamation 800 UDP port probes and counting

I have blackIce and this site eurus.ddfplus.com (208.169.221.47) has scaned me, and keeps on scaning me the count is at right now 918...I ping the site..its not there..I googled the site to see what it is..its not there...so I'm just kinda wondering whats going on?
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

A log sample could help determine the nature of the event...

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Contact them and ask them what the hell's going on on their network. They look like a pretty small ISP from what I can tell. Good luck .

Registrant:
    ddfplus, llc (DDFPLUS2-DOM)
    330 S WELLS ST STE 1114
    CHICAGO, IL 60606-7104
    US

Domain Name: DDFPLUS.COM

Administrative Contact:
    ddfplus, llc (L17971-OR) eero@eero.com
    ddfplus, llc
    330 S WELLS ST STE 1114
    CHICAGO, IL 60606-7104
    US
    312-939-3022 fax: 312-939-4135
    Technical Contact:
    VeriSign, Inc. (HOST-ORG) namehost@WORLDNIC.NET
    VeriSign, Inc.
    21355 Ridgetop Circle
    Dulles, VA 20166
    US
    1-888-642-9675
    Fax- - namehost@worldnic.net

Record expires on 09-Apr-2003.
    Record created on 09-Apr-2001.
    Database last updated on 28-Apr-2002 22:52:03 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.BARCHART.COM 208.169.221.5
    NS2.BARCHART.COM 208.169.221.6
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

well the evidnce log I have i can't decode cuz I don't have the software to so what could i give a that would help?
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

thanks for the info smirc, lol i have 3100 probe attempts so far from them, did u do a Whols on them to get that info? I went to there site www.ddfplus.com and got there some info (go it from google, entered data wrong ) Anyway I got to get some sleep I blocked the IP but I'm still login so when I wake up I wonder how many atempts there will be? also I e-mail some at the site so maybe i will have a response.

Yeah just a plain old whois. I say give them a call and say that someone is scanning you. Since they are scanning you repeatedly this is a kind of attempted DOS. Port scanning isn't illegal but DOS attacks definitely are. In any case you don't have to put up with this.

Ring the number and ask to speak to the senior network engineer in charge of security. Act like you mean business and that you're really pissed off that this kiddie is wasting your time and you want something done about it. Be firm and polite and see what happens.

Now go kick some kiddie ass!
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

lol yeah I will do that but it will have to wait till tommrow after I get home from school, got to wake up at 6 am . Thanks for the help though, you should see just how many kiddies scan me a day..but this really make me mad, there taken up my bandwidth and i only have a 56k...well i know i can just log of but I have to d/l files at night and I;m interested in seeing where this goes..well I'm off to bed later

Oop...,Mucolaca you mishap being scan y the website happened to me before.Well,my advise to you this website will never stop scanning your port cos they have in fact get into your temporary internet files or cookie trojan file which is unable to scan by antivirus software.The best for you to do is either get a hardware firewall to block all these ports scans or install a router to trick the hacker website.If you need any more help,feel free to write to me wacky_sung@yahoo.com.sg

Dump the Blackice,and get Zonealarm.Blackice doest stop outgoing traffic,Zone does.Zonealarm Pro will tell you if its a sniff for trojans and if one n your machine tried to reply.....If you run windows XP or 2000 you can use Packetmon,(from AnalogX) to see what exactly the traffic is about.......The free Zonealarm 2.6 will also stop outgoing traffic but wont give as much info..

this site belongs to the rewarding field of 'Market Research'

04/28/02 23:40:28 Browsing http://ddfplus.com/
    Fetching http://ddfplus.com/ ...
    GET / HTTP/1.1

Host: ddfplus.com

Connection: close

User-Agent: Sam Spade 1.14

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:41:42 GMT

Server: Apache/1.3.22 (Win32)

Last-Modified: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:18:41 GMT

ETag: "0-598-3c7d4d31"

Accept-Ranges: bytes

Content-Length: 1432

Connection: close

Content-Type: text/html

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>ddfplus, llc. - Intelligent Market Data</TITLE>
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”