Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perfect Encryption

...in the military we use a specific kind of encryption that we don't know what it is...however

our equipment does so if you ever wanted to break it that means you would have to get a piece of our equipment and connect it to the rest of the network and then have something else to use it with in other words...

encrypted--->equipment---->decrypted--->equipment--->equipment.

for all that you mind as well just join and forget about decrypting it
    Beware the quiet ones...

There is a good/informative article in the latest IEEE magazine on quantum cryptography. It explains the idea behind it and what not.

It says, "this new method has the potential to be absolutely unbreakable--not just practically unbreakable, as the makers of the World War II Enigma machines thought and the users of today's publick key encryption hope, but theoretically unbreakable. Mathematicians believe they can prove it."

It also says a lot of other stuff.

--------------------
    I hope this post wasn't completely worthless, for it was my first.

People believed that the Venegere cipher of the 17th century was also unbreakable, and that they could also prove it....

Then again Quantum physics is already quite strange so who knows?

But, being the skeptic that I am, I shall believe it when I see it...
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

onetime pad with PRNG

It was said earlier that the onetime pad is completely secure but that a large key must be created and stored. If the key is found then the security is compromised. Well, what if the actual key were generated as the text is encrypted? This could easily be done with a pseudo-random number generator. I am currently developing an algorithm called RKOPV that uses this.
    The only way to cryptanalyze it would be to try every possible seed for the random number generatr, since the seed acts as the key. The larger the seed, the more difficult this is. If you have eight distinct seeds of 32 maximum bits each, then there are (2^32)^8 possible keys and even if every computer in the world were put to work checking each seed it would still take longer than the lifetime of the universe.
    If anyone wants more info, please PM me. I am planning to release the exact algorithm to the public for free once my copyright and patent are secured.

there's also another way that would be possible...what about changing the text to "3l33t" talk first? or just use "3l33t" that's probably illegible enough on it's own
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.