Antipoints in forum title
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antipoints in forum title

Antipoints in forum title

When I'm logging in every morning, I wade through about 50 posts that are just plain worthless. The topic starter post is usually given plenty of negative antipoints for the stupidity of the post.

My humble suggestion is the possibility of having the post's antipoint meter somewhere in the forum list so you can see if a thread was started with many many negatives or not. That would keep us from opening idiot posts.

Just a thought
    Share on Google+

Good idea, I've also been thinking this. I think I've suggested this previously but got no replies.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25
    Share on Google+

Ahh, nice idea. I could really use that as well sometimes, although often I actually like to see what stupid questions some people ask. Remember, ya gotta start somewhere, and these newbs are only the bottom of the totem. Either way, I like you're idea.
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    After a while, you get to the point where you recognize the names of the person that started the thread, and know weather or not the thread is worth opening.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman
    Share on Google+

I agree that eventually you'll get to know who posts crap and who doesn't. And sometimes I would like to see what crap they're posting...but this gives a little help when you have a vague topic and a name you don't know...plus, if there's like a 12 hour span (I know it's a crime...) where you're not here, it helps when sifting though 300 new messages which ones are good to read and which ones you can skip till later.

I still think it's cool, dangit.
    Share on Google+

I didn't say it wasn't cool, I just like to play the instigator But I am sure you have been here long enough to know that by now....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman
    Share on Google+

.begin sarcasm. You, an instigator? I'd have never guessed. .end sarcasm.

At least it gives you a good way to weed out the nitwits before you have to download the text of 50 flames. As much fun as they are, they're just slow as balls.

Or, for those who enjoy flaming (Where's Terr and Negative?)...this is basically a "bulls-eye" system for them...makes it easier to track down easy targets.
    Share on Google+

Hey, don't foget NetSyn, he is always pretty good at flaming also.

Although, I think that It should say Flame Master under Negative's name, instead of Cosmos Moderator and Tutorials Moderator.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman
    Share on Google+

Why stop there. Maybe after a certain number of negative antipoints a thread could stop showing up on the main page.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.
    Share on Google+

How would the "Masters of the Flame" find it? This is a bulls-eye system for them. Heck, if anything they (Terr, Neg, Netsyn) should have popups to quick-launch those threads for easy access!

As for me, it would be just an easy way to ignore the kiddies when I'm looking for something worth my time to read.

Maybe instead of hiding the thread after so many antipoints...maybe it could auto-lock? That way only a few good flames would be there and I wouldn't have to download every one. (I don't mind flames, just the cheesy one liners that just don't do no justice)
    Share on Google+