What is the best mail client vis a vis security?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best mail client vis a vis security?

Question What is the best mail client vis a vis security?

I use Outlook Express with Norton 2002 and have no trouble picking off viruses. What is the best alternative that will less of a target for viruses? It has to be able to import the address book from OE. One that isn't a huge target for spammers would be good too.

If you only want to condescend to me, please save your comments.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Gee, I prefer pico, but that is a linux program..

Probably Eudora, but I don't know if that can import the address book or not.

You client has NOTHING to do with spammers. That is all based on where your account is, and who you give your email address to.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Eudora is nice

If you tell me Curiosity Killed the cat,
    Then I say he died a noble death.

You could try the mail client that comes with Mozilla (mozilla.org). Looks and works a lot like OE, runs in Windows, and imports OE address book items.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Mozialla kicks ass. I am just waiting for them to release a 1.0 version, so I can convince my company to let me implement it.

btw ravenpoint, just so you know, normally it is a good idea to post your OS when asking a question like that. It was kind of obvious that you are running MS, since you said OE and Norton, and since we have been working on the ME replacement thread all day, we already know. But in a few days when you ask a question, most of us wont remember unless we go back and search, so please make sure you post what OS you are using next time

Thanks
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I use Eudora Pro 5.1
    And just for the record, you can Import your address book, from Outlook, Outlook express, and a few others, Netscape included.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

There is always Opera
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Wink The Best E-Mail Client ...

... is pine. I don't have to wade through 1.5M of html to read stupid spam, can filter, can save attachments, etc. Seriously, though, for Windows I like to use Eudora. It has some good search/sig/address book functions, and does not screw up things for you (unlike Outlook).

My $.02,

~N~

I use The Bat! and I'm satisfied with it... But AFAIK there already was a thread about a mail client so take a look around here and you will find more.
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

Outlook? EECH! I use Eudora (advertising mode). I respect Eudora from Qualcomm, mainly because they made their ad-banner box a very tasteful size and location. You see it, but it doesn't get in your way all the time. (At least not for me.) That, and they give (last I saw) a plain english translation of the legalese involving privacy policies, etc. I'm hardly an e-mail power user, I don't get that much mail, but it's fairly easy to make filters and such.

Mozilla? I dunno. Might try it sometime.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency