Some Advice Please?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Advice Please?

Banned

Some Advice Please?

I started using Kazaa (a music sharing program) and I think I got some kind of virus because all my music files have changed into VB Scripts and my memory keeps clearing up. My antivirus program got deleted and I don't know what to do... can someone give me some advice?

Hi mom!
    [list=1][*]Stop using kazaa.[*]Turn off your computer.[*]Stop using kazaa.[*]Go to a computer store[*]Stop using kazaa.[*]Buy a virusscanner (I recommend either 'Symantec Norton' (yellow cartboard box) or 'McAfee' (red box), they're both easy to use, and shouldn't cost you more than 25USD).[*]Stop using kazaa.[*]Go home.[*]Stop using kazaa.[*]Open the box, and read the instructions inside carefully.[*]Turn on your computer,[*]Stop using kazaa.[*]Follow the instructions, instal the virusscaner [*]Stop using kazaa.[/list=1]
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Banned
    yeah that diffently a virus i think it's maybe Nimda or Like Code Red I dont rember which one it is and you dont have to get any expensive software to remove it you can just download a removal tool

Banned
    Or, if You want to scan for virus for free, go to http://houscall.antivirus.com

Exclamation

[shadow]Could be Trojan......[/shadow]

Really..... Kazaa is kinda like Morpheus.... User can trap you with "remote qued connection to host" I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, too many viruses and trojans out there. I use PCCillin 2001 w/ real time scanning. It's memory-friendly, and works great, as long as you set it on auto update.

I love cats (they taste just like chicken)

\"you can get farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone\"-Al Capone

Exclamation

[shadow]Could be Trojan......[/shadow]

Really..... Kazaa is kinda like Morpheus.... User can trap you with "remote qued connection to host" I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, too many viruses and trojans out there. I use PCCillin 2001 w/ real time scanning. It's memory-friendly, and works great, as long as you set it on auto update.

I love cats (they taste just like chicken)

\"you can get farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone\"-Al Capone

Definately a virus, iceman3ar do you find Pc-Cillin is too sensitive? A little off topic I know but just asking cause I find it way to sensitive. I prefer Norton or McAfee
    thinking........

Banned
    Thanx for your advice but now the memory is being used up and I ran a Norton Antivirus scan and nothing came up... you have any other ideas please post them.

Have you tried a total format and reinstall of your OS? Ya, it's a B*tch but it can work. If you can reload your software and get the absolutely minuit by minuit update for your virus scanner Maybe you can save your computer. If not then well go shopping for new memory.
    thinking........

A friend had the same problem after using Kazaa, got a worm virus, he went to www.symantec.com and downloaded a fix tool. They also have a free scan.
    Dream as if you are going to live forever, live as if you were going to die today.